GXP 2200

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by misterw, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterw

Anyone try GrandStream GXP2200 on 3cx ?

2. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Yes, I had a GX2200 for a about a week - I say 'had' because currently it is being RMA'd due to a fault on the touch screen. Was intended to replace my quite old Linksys SPA-941 whose biggest problem was no backlight on the LCD screen.

From my limited time with it it seemed a great phone, there have been quite a few firmware updates recently so Grandstream seem to be still improving the feature set and ironing out bugs. Anything in particular you were looking for feedback on?

Chris

3. misterw

For extension provisioning with this phone.. I try to provision but i don't have template in 3cx (sorry for my bad english i am french ! )

4. Cjay

Cjay New Member

No - not tried that, just did a manual config.

5. amuzed2pieces

I too am interested in this phone, but I want to be able to maintain a "central" phone book and contact list, or at least push one to phone. Manual initical configuration would be OK, for me, I just want an easy way to sync phone books and contacts. I have Google Apps and I am hoping I can sync that contact list.

When you configured it, did you have any snags? Any issues with the Firmware updates? Also, how was the sound / voice quality?

6. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Be sure to upgrade to the newest firmware. The firmware that they come with has some glitch with 3CX. At least the couple phones i got did. They had a issue where the phone would only ring once and it wasn't a full ring just kind of like a half ring noise then stop. You could still answer the phone if you heard that initial noise to know you were getting a call. Either way the newest firmware fixes that issue had something to do with an alert tag that came through from 3CX if i recall correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Correct! I found that this could easily be fixed by ensuring 3cx does not send an invalid distinctive ring alert-Info in the invite (something like http://www.notused.invalid.tld). I believe that this issue has also now been fixed by Grandstream.

Not sure about this. Need to test some more when I get my phone back.

No snags in manual configuration. Firmware updates quite straightforward - I used manual file select rather than http or ftp, but was quick and easy. Sound quality is (to my ear) very good - HD audio on handset or speaker is way better than my older phones.

Hope to get a new phone back soon - so much more to try out!

Chris

8. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The GXP2200 is a masterpiece and is currently under development. There is a template and there was a bug in the ALERT INFO affecting ringing ONLY on outside calls. The speakerphone is phenomenal. You can add a USB wifi dongle if needed and it performs well (you can also use the one for the GXV3140). We have been working on this phone for 2-3 months and new features are added constantly. The LCD sidekart IS NOT yet out .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

Indeed GXP 2200 is a good phone but it still needs some more work on it. I can provide you a beta template which will allow you to autoprovision this phone with 3cx. Unpack the archive and copy the file to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones
    After this, you can just factory reset your phone and PuP provision it like any other Grandstream phone. Please remember that this is a beta template and made only for testing purpose for now. Please let me know if you find anything on it.

Attached Files:

10. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to phone provisioning, but all seemed to go well with the process and the GXP2200 took the desired parameters. The only problem I have is that contacts are being repeatedly requested and downloaded, so I end up with multiple instances of every 3CX contact in the phone. Any ideas what might cause this...?

11. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

The phone should not do this. Try to upgrade to latest firmware. If you already have the latest firmware, factory reset the phone and provision it using the template that I gave to you.

12. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I did all of the above! In desperation I have removed the provisioning URL from the phone 'upgrade' tab which I think has stopped it repeatedly pulling in duplicate phone book contacts. Will see if I can give more precise feedback on this issue over the next few days.

Thks,
    Chris

13. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Dan,

I've tried the whole process agin but with the same results!

The issue is that every 720 seconds the phonebook is being downloaded from the 3CX PBX and rather than the phone testing to see if the downloaded contacts are duplicates of existing entries, it is simply adding every contact as if it were new - the net result is that the phone contacts rapidly fills up with a mass of duplicate entries.

Wireshark shows that every 720 seconds (12 mins) the phone is doing a "GET/provisiong/phonebook.xml" which 3CX responds to by serving up the entire phonebook. I notice that the 3CX response contains the date/time the phonebook was last modified, so if there is no change in the phonebook maybe the phone should be ignoring the updates (or better still, testing for duplicates...)?

Any thoughts on whether this is a phone or a 3CX issue? For now the only workaround seems to be not to auto-provision. Phone is running the latest v1.0.1.33 software.

Chris

14. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

This is a Grandstream issue. The phone should not request phone book every 12 minutes. This is not something that changes so often.

15. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Yes, it is a phone issue! Provisioning template does not (yet) set the phone contacts options, so default behaviour at the moment is to replicate phonebook contacts rather than check for duplicates. So after provisioning the phone needs to be manually set (in contacts, options) for the correct frequency of phone book updates and whether to clear and/or allow duplicates.
    Chris

16. amuzed2pieces

Is there an "Intercom" App or Function on this phone? Thanks

17. Cjay

Cjay New Member

If you mean does it support paging, then yes it does, 3CX dial code of *9xxx does the job. You can probably tailor the paging alert, in my case it plays the first fraction of a second of my selected ring tone before opening the audio path. There is a specific config setting for 'Auto answer' which needs to be set to 'Enable Intercom/Paging'.

Chris

18. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

Open web GUI, go to Account->Call Settings and enable Auto Answer=Enable Intercom/Paging

19. egiblockDM

so is anyone else running this template? i am on our 3cx system and there are still a few bugs in it that we can't get out to the phones

1) time zone settings (during DST)

2) change the default ring tone from the annoying default to an actual ringer.

3) duplicate address book entries. ~~ this is not viable to go into the web interface and fix the contact list one by one when you are rolling out 100 phones.

anyone else run into these or other issues ?

20. Davspud

Hi, we are using the GXP2200 with 3CX and when the call queue is set up we have problems only with the GXP2200 phones. On incoming calls when we try to answer the phone there is no audio in or out. We can transfer the call to another phone and it works fine or answer the call on another phone without a problem. Also internal calls and outgoing calls work fine. By turning off call queues the phone works fine on incoming calls without a problem. Latest firmware V 1.0.3.6. Does any one has any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.