Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

GXP1450 message waiting light/DND indicator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aandjw, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aandjw

OK - upgraded from v9 to v10 and starting to replace phones (old polycom 501s) with GXP 1450. Configuration worked like a snap on first phone - except that the message waiting light does not seem to light up when there is a message. Also - *61 enables DND but the "DND" symbol does not show up on the phone. Any help?

jack

2. willow

willow Member

it will not show up on the phone, they are 2 different functions. if you can set the phone to dial *61 when the dnd button is pressed that is the best way to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

As Willow said, 3CX DND function and phone DND functions are two different functions, if you want DND to show on the phone you have to use the phones DND settings not 3CX DND settings. Also make sure you have the latest firmware for the 1450's and if you are using the free version (not sure but you didn't say) MWI is not a function in the free version, but MWI works flawlessly on the 1450's.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aandjw

10-4 - paid (8 line) version, phones on firmware 1.0.1.83.

MWI started working on the one problem phone. So that is resolved.

Can I update the .xml config file to have the phone's DND function be a soft-key on the idle screen? Anyone play with that? I downloaded the template from Grandstream and have yet to get through all of the "P" codes to see if there is one for that!

Jack

5. nbailey

nbailey Member

Jack,

Use the .xml templates in 3CX to edit the phone settings. I don't have it in front of me so I can't give specifics at this moment. But you should be able to if memory serve's me to do what you are asking.

Thanks,
    Nate

6. aandjw

to adjust the softkeys on the idle screen it appears you have to implement a custom Idle page which I am working on - I'll report how it goes!

next question - can I write static IP addresses into the template? i.e. have the template assign a specific IP address to a specific MAC?

I think if I use the web interface for the phone to provide an IP address and gateway details it will be overriden the next time the phone boots?

for example, for phone 00110011DBAA, I want IP 10.0.1.13, and .....BAB I want 10.0.1.14, etc. I only have 7 phones so it isn't that many codes....? Especially since it seems that I'd only have .13, .14 as the variables (the rest is the same....)? I see where to set static IP vs DHCP with "P" codes so that looks easy. Is there such a thing as IF/THEN (IF MAC then IP?).

It just makes it simpler to know that the phone IP is coordinated with the computer IP (10.0.1.3 computer has 10.0.1.13 phone next to it....)

7. nbailey

nbailey Member

No this is not possible from within the provisioning template itself. If you want to assign a static IP to each device you need to hard set it from the phones web interface if available.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.