GXP2100 - caller hears phone ringing while on call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alenz, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alenz

Hi All,

One of my clients is experiencing an issue where the person calling in still hears the phone ringing - almost looped.

This appears to be an issue with the latest firmware 1.0.5.15 (would not recommend upgrading to this).

Grand Stream seems to be working on a new firmware, but does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to get my customer up and running again? Has anyone downgraded firmware on the GXP2100 before, if so can you recommend a stable firmware that works with 3CX V10?

Thanks!

2. ATS-Support

I know 1.0.4.9 was stable enough. I had this problem with 2 separate clients, and the way I fixed it, was I first tried selecting the phone in 3cx and having the PBX reprovision the phone, thinking maybe the settings got corrupted.

After the phone finished rebooting I would attempt to duplicate the issue. For me, that seemed to "fix" it (although it could happen again at any time.)

Fortunately it worked first try for me, and so if it happens again (before any new firmware comes out fixing this) its a single button fix.

3. alenz

Yes, a restart of the phone does seem to fix the issue temporarily.

Right now i'm restarting the phones nightly in hopes that the client doesn't experience the issue during the day, but this is far from being a good solution (as it's a waste of my time that i can spend doing more productive things).

How this got through testing is beyond me. Grandstream supposedly has a new firmware, but they havent released it yet. Very much not impressed as i'm losing clients over this.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Go back to v 3.30 or 4.29 FW, and please note that 5.15 is NOT a 3CX supported firmware. Indeed the issue is resolved with the new firmware. It is important that you observe the tested versions from 3CX and NOT venture in your own testing. We found this issue and have been working on resolving it for 1.5 months with Grandstream, you could've spared yourself and your client aggravation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alenz

Thank you for recommending a firmware.

I upgraded the firmware to resolve another issue that the client was having. I staged the upgrade by doing a batch of phones, and it appears only certain phones had the issue with the ringing, and it only manifested after a few days.

While i appreciate your reply, i did not see a list of firmware that IS supported by 3CX. This page here for example tells me to update to the latest firmware: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Grandstream-gxp1450/ - After this fiasco i will not be selling GrandStream phones.

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Alenz, I shall assume that this is one of your first installations because if you click on 3CX Phone System Updates ---> Phone provisioning Updates you will see GRANDSTREAM GXP EXECUTIVE FW 1.0.4.X... That is the SUPPORTED FW.

Now, while you can sell whatever you like, I would refrain from making this a Grandstream issue because the GXP2100 is our most used endpoint (and we do a tremendous volume), we do some of the most sophisticated deployments with them and when we find an issue (and we usually do way before the normal public does) we inform 3CX immediately (and they refrain from moving to that FW) and work with Grandstream to resolve the issue. Once again, had you followed 3CXs guidelines you would not have this issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.