Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved GXP2100 keeps reprovisioning after being removed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ryan Parsons, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Parsons

I've run into an issue with 3CX v15. I deleted a GXP2100 from a phone extension, Pressed OK, then launched the extension again and verified the phone is not populating. When I then try factory resetting the phone by going to Menu -> Config -> Factory Reset the phone will reset to factory resetting, then it will reprovision as the old extension.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Ryan Parsons

Please note that in V15 the config files are created on the fly upon request from the phone. when you remove a phone from the extension then the config file cannot be generated. In your scenario there is probably a config file that was created from an older version. You probably had this phones configured in a previous version and the file was restored from a backup.

Obviously without a DHCP option 66 this is not possible configured this is not possible. So i would check if there is a file matching the mac address of the phone in the provisioning folder and delete it if it is there. Also make sure that you remove the option 66 for this phone.

3. Ryan Parsons

Config file with the phones MAC address was indeed sitting in the provisioning folder. Thank you for your help!

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue was resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.