Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

GXP2160 with V15.5 sp3 and new templates, blf problems (HELP)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hanstps, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanstps

We have a lot of gxp2160 installed.
    Today we updated our own 3cx v15.5 with sp3 to test before client updates.
    New grandstream templates where installed.

BIG PROBLEM.
    We updated the phone with firmware v1.0.9.58 as asked.
    In the phonelist of 3cx it displays as supported and is n longer displayed in red color.
    And we did a factory reset.

We deleted in a existing extension in the 'phone provisioning' tab the model for this extension.
    We deleted in all folders our own templates that we used before.
    There are 2 templates installed with the sp3 update
    in folder C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones
    1. grandstream.ph.xml ,843kb
    2. grandstreamexecutive.ph.xml ,73kb
    Are they correct ???

We rebooted the 3cx server after cleanup.

The gxp2160 appears in the phone list as a non assigned phone.
    We assigned it. We set some blf keys, date/time format and so on.
    Hit the button 'ok'.
    After a few seconds the phone reboots. OK until now.

SURPRISE :
    1. on the left part of the display the 2 first buttons are assigned to the same extension name.
    it should be only one button.
    2. All other BLF keys assigned in 3cx are assigned to the other buttons on the left of the screen of the phone and a multipage icon is displayed.

THEY SHOULD BE ASSIGNED TO ON OFF THE 24 BLF KEYS ON THE PHONE.
    When you check the settings in the web interface of the phone, all blf, defined 3cx, should be in the 'MULTI-PURPOSE' web page but that's not the case they are in 'VIRTUAL MULI-PURPOSE' page.

3. Time format on the phone display is not correct if you accept the default value of 'use global timezone'. Our global setting is '+1 Brussels'. You must select 'GMT +1.00 Paris'.

I think that the new template is a little BUGY....... or do i something wrong.

We tested multiple times, factory reset, reprovisioning, reboot server, etc....
    Always with the same result.

Thanks
    Hans

tekservpros likes this.
  2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. hanstps

Thanks Saqqara,

i found the reason for the other problems after analysing the new template file from 3cx.
    I tested by settins some values, provisioned the phone and compared values in the web interface of the phone.

Result :
    The gxp2160 has a total of 24 'virtual mutli-purpose' keys, 6 for the 6 buttons on the left of the display and 18 more keys. These 18 are accessable with the left/right buttons on the phone.
    You can have 4 pages with 6 entry each=total 24 vmp keys.
    As Saqqara mentionned, the first 2 buttons are assign to the same sip account.

If you want to assign the real 24 blf buttons on the right side of the phone, you have to create first 22 empty blf buttons in the blf section of a extension. Entry 23 corresponds thus with the 1st real blf button on the phone. Entry 24=blf2 and so on.
    Entry blf 3....22 corresponds with the 18 'virtual mp' keys described above.

I suppose this is also true for other phones in the gxp21xx series. Take a look at the template file to find out how many empty blf entries you must create.

Question / suggestion :
    I know that we can find out these problems/solution our self but why don't you '3CX' document this on your web page where you describe how to provision a gxp21xx phone. It saves us a lot of TIME, headache and stress situations.

3cx, can you imagine what could happen if you set 3cx to 'load updates' automatically.
    I don't want think about it........

bye,
    Hans

tekservpros likes this.
  4. Mark Goodayle

Yes I came accros the same BLF problems, it took ages to work out and ages to recreate them from position 23 onwards. After doing this if you use the hot desking when you log on to that gpx 2160 they go back to the screen display and don’t honour starting at position 23?
    I only upgraded to sp3 for the hotdesking of grandstream!

tekservpros likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.