• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

GXP2200 issues with parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

safemode

Silver Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
We have a Grandstream GXP2200.

it is provisioned and working well, however we have an odd issue with parking calls.

if we pick up a call and then park it with the following process

press "transfer" - dial *01, it successfully parks the call, and another extension can pick it up, however if we try to retrieve the call from the GXP2200, it picks up the call (dialling *11) and displays the outside callers number in the caller display, however there is no audio in either direction. however hanging up terminates the call, we can see the extension has picked up the call from park successfully in the 3CX management console. just no audio...

this is on 3CX v12, with the latest firmware on the GXP2200

any help would be much appreciated.

I just tried exactly the same as you describe on my GXP2200 without any issues - both internal and external calls parked & picked up correctly and audio path connected correctly. I also have latest firmware on all devices. Are all your devices on the same LAN segment - could there be any firewall/routing issues?

Yes, they are all on the same LAN segment, Are you using a particular template to provision the phone, I found one on the internet but I suspect it is not complete

I downloaded template v1.0.3.24 and the Grandstream Configuration Generator from the Grandstream website / support / tools to create my provisioning file (though I see template v1.0.3.25 is now available). However I manually edited the template to match my needs then created the config file using the generator tool - so did all this outside of 3cx.

is there any chance you would be willing to share your template, I am still relatively new to 3cx and haven't quite mastered the template yet and think I am missing something, e.g. I am having to manually change the call pick up to *20* on the phones as well as I can't figure out where to put it in the template either.

I would very much appreciate it.

Interesting, I've not even tried that myself and wasn't using the MPK - but I'm having a play around now. The template does look to have P codes for what you want.

I am having to manually change the call pick up to *20*

Attached is a part of the 1.0.3.25 template, definitely possible to set *20* for call pick-up!

Code:
#######################################################################
##  Advanced Settings - MPK General Settings                         ##
#######################################################################

# Account 1 BLF Call-Pickup Prefix. Default value is **
# String
P1347 = **

# Account 1 Eventlist URI
P134 =

########################################################################
##            Advanced Settings - MPK LCD Settings                    ##
#----------------------------------------------------------------------#
# The MPKs in this section are for the MPK APP installed on GXP2200    #
# 130 MPKs can be configured via MPK APP                               #
# The P Values for the MPK in GXP2200EXT are assigned separately       #

# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# MPK 1
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Key Mode
# 0 - Speed Dial, 1 - BLF, 3 - eventlist BLF, 4 - Speed Dial via active account, 5 - DialDTMF, 8 - Call Transfer, 9 - CallPark, 10 - Call Intercom 
# Number: 0, 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10
P323 = 0

# Account. 0 - Account 1, 1 - Account 2, 2 - Account 3, 3 - Account 4, 4 - Account 5, 5 - Account 6
# Number: 0 - 5
P301 = 0

# Name
# String
P302 =

# User ID
# String
P303 =

I had a smiler issue with a customer of mine using the GXP 2200 phones, they were running firmware 1.0.3.6 and to be able to successfully recover parked calls we had to disable either supports re-invite or supports replaces. I believe it was supports replaces but i cant remember for sure. Anyway we found that once we upgraded to the latest firmware (1.0.3.16 at the time) we could re enable supports replaces.

We already have the latest firmware, We tracked the issue in the end to having to disable the "dial plan" in the GXP2200, it fixed both the shared parking and the regular parking feature.

everything is working fine now. we are working on a more complete custom template, to incorporate all of this.. will post it soon hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.