GXW-4104 + Free Edition Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by balky, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balky

Hi All!

I need someone to help me with my set up. The whole idea is to send 4 extensions from my PBX to 4 different remote locations. I want extesions to function just like they wold be here. I tried to go without a SIP server but it only worked for one port.

Anyway, my PBX is feeding 4 extensions into GXW-4104 ports... on the remote sites, they will have HT486 devices... with no experience in ip telephony, I figure that my GXW-4104 and remote devices shoule point at the IP of the comp where I instal sip server software?

I am lost. How should configure it to work right...

Please help!

Thx

Paul

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello
    The most problem you force for outside ext. is the ports
    the best way to set the router is fwd the port with dmz
    you have to use stun server
    and the best way you install a server in both sites
    and make regisration for ext lines in first server as a line in the second server

3. balky

there has to be an easier way... and who is going to be buying another computer for the server... for all other sites?

i do not get it.. why do they need to have servers? They will have a single device (one port) that will be communicating to main site where I put the server... I could probably go peer2peer but I have this 4-port gateway that will not work right without this server.

4. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

You do not need the GXW-4104 to have remote extensions.
    The GXW-4104 is used to connect to a PSTN.

Just point your Handytone to the IP address (or DynDNS) of the 3CX Installation.
    Remember to put your 3CX in the DMZ (or forward all traffic to it as per the manual)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hi
    Sorry I thout you have only 2 sites

dmz in most routers does not enouph you have to fwd the ports 5060,5090,5481,9000
    you must use a stun server in your configuration in nat part

my expriment was better with sip server in each site

6. Halea

Halea New Member

Amy, in your zeal to help do not say things that are inaccurate! You're not helping!

Paul,
    Remote extensions are reasonably easy to setup and there is no need to install additional 3CX systems to accomodate them.
    GXW-4104 is not needed to communicate with extensions, local or remote.
    If you will be using a VOIP provider to communicate with the outside world, you don't need it at all. If you need to connect your 3CX system to classic phone lines then you would need it. You may choose between single line or multi line FXOs.

Your configuration seems to be mainstream. You should have no major difficulty to make it work. Remote extensions are easier and simpler than most people make it sound.

Halea

7. amygoda

amygoda Member

Halea,
    I told bluefox8080 the way I solved my problem
    And it’s nice idea and solved all the Nat troubles
    And with my experiment communications are not stable from out of office lines to 3cx server even when you use stun server

And where is the help in your topic?

Bluefox8080 did the right configuration and it's not work so the help we give him a new idea to try not to tell him your configuration is right and it should work with you as it works with other people
    Thank you

8. Halea

Halea New Member

Amy,

Your suggestion regarding using "servers at both sides" is ludicrous! It's certainly not a good idea when all that he needs is to put a remote extension for each location. Even the idea of tunneling is not the best idea since it requires the presence of a computer with the 3CX VOIP Client running on it. If the tunnel can be made without help from that piece of software, it might be a reasonable suggestion, but it's left to be verified.

But, I maintain that the right solution is to simply have a VOIP phone that you plug in the network, at the remote location, and simply dial out :| And, that works like a charm, and yes, you might need to turn off UPnP on your network but that's a different story. Call me lucky, but I was able to make remote extensions work the very first day I played with 3CX. Yes, it requires a thorough knowledge of how networks work, and that goes beyond plugging in the network cables and forwarding ports. It also requires a decent understanding of codecs. Finally, it requires PLANNING and PROPER EXECUTION OF THE PLAN.

Regarding the DMZ issue, your information is completely inaccurate! If you put a computer in the DMZ, all the ports will be forwarded to it defacto, EXCEPT those you CHOSE to forward elsewhere (to other local IP addresses), and not withstanding the UPnP crap. To remedy those issues, you do not FORWARD additional ports to the computer in the DMZ as you suggested, you REMOVE the mess that you probably created in your setup.

Good communication requires well structured thoughts, an orderly and clear presentation of cause-to-consequence relationship-establishing arguments, and complete sentences.

Good luck in your future communications.
    Halea

9. amygoda

amygoda Member

Halea,
    Did you try all routers?
    Some routers DMZ is not enough

This my experiments it could help or open the way to other thoughts

I know all the settings for the routers, ports, LAN and wan

You do not have to use separate (dedicated) computer
    Any computer in these locations can do this beside other works

Some times I did the ideal configuration and use stun servers
    But it not works (no register – no audio – one way audio)

At my first installation for 3cx all local and external devices was works fine
    After that I forced ringing with out voice or one way voice
    I fixed it by outbound proxy (was fwd server)

After that I forced bad voice quality so I need direct connection
    Then I forced this time no registration
    This time fixed by 2 vpn routers - every thing is works very nice

But now I have a third and fourth location and both with only 2 or 3 extensions and 2 or 3 pstn lines

And I did not find any routers can make a vpn with my old routers
    So I installed IP PBX (other brand – not 3cx) and connect it to main office
    (External lines in the branch register as internal extensions in main office)

As I said before you do not have to use separate computer
    Any computer in these locations can do this beside other works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.