GXW4024 not showing up in mgmt console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KSC, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSC

KSC

I added a GXW4024 under add pstn gateway and manament console creates provisioning file but when I look under pstn gateways, this is not listed? what am I doing wrong?

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

You are not doing anything wrong. FXS gateways are not shown in management console. This is by design.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KSC

KSC

I'm obviously new to 3cx and voip systems. So, while your response explains a lot, I think I need a deeper understanding because it seems like I am missing an important consideration. Let me make sure I get it... Please tell me if the following statement is true.

The add gateway utility is used to create the provisioning file for the gateway, it does not change settings in 3cx.

If this is true, how does 3cx know how to route calls to the gateway - how does 3cx even know the gateway is out there? If it is not true, how do you configure the gateway in 3CX after you add the gateway?

What am I missing? It seems like I should have some indication in 3cx that there is a gateway on the network and some way to configure it in 3cx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.