GXW4104 Setup Mystery

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by roberti99, Jan 5, 2008.

1. roberti99

I'm working to set up my GXW4104 gateway and following the detailed instructions in the .PDF found on the 3CX.com web site for this piece of equipment.

There is a "mystery" option that I am unable to locate, and therefore setup, in my GXW4104. I am using the latest firmware, so this may be an old option that is not required, but since the gateway is not working correctly with the 3CX system, I'm trying to find an answer to this question.

Here's what is written in the .PDF file:

FXO Line Settings:

Step 7, part b) Set the "Off hook Auto Dial(VOIP) field to "ch1-4:yyyy;" where yyyy is the SIP User ID for the first line defined in the "Channels" page.

There is no such option in my GXW4104 unit. I looked on all the pages and simply cannot locate anything that says "Off hook Auto Dial(VOIP)" anywhere.

Either this is a typo, or I've got a unique GXW4104 that does not have this option. Anybody who has set up their GXW4104 should have had to deal with this, so if anybody has a good answer, I'm listening!

Thank you!
    Robert :)

2. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

That option is:7. Unconditional Call Forward to VOIP

I also got into the same as you but that is the option. We have one working if you have another question maybe i could help you.

3. carlosar

Me too

I have the same problem, I don't have that field on my gateway, I just bought it and now I'm on the same situation. I thought that field could be replaced by the new #7 which is "Unconditional Call Forward to VOIP" so I putted the number and still don't work. I noticed that the picture on the guide shows that field and on the example it has 10600 with a + sign(of course you have to put the number you choose. But neither works. If anyone knows how to fix it would be nice.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have just retested with latest stable firmware and everything works as documented. Its true step 7b had an incorrect reference to the field (must have changed along the line) But other then that it works.... We are updating the website to have the correct reference.