• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

H323 to SIP with Patton

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixig

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

we have around 150 SIP phones connected to the 3CX. Also there are 40-50 H.323 phones that we also want add to the 3cx. We will use Patton 5200 (http://www.patton.com/products/product_detail.asp?id=418) for converting H.323 phones to SIP so that they can also be registered on 3cx. Is this setup possible with this scenario?

Do we need two sets of the extension one on patton, one set for phones, another for 3cx. Ana idea how to accomplished this setup?

I think that in this case phones will be registered on patton and there must be a sip trunk locally between patton and 3cx, or I am wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• Topology-H323toSIP.jpg
    Topology-H323toSIP.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 668
Knowing the make and model of phone might help.
Some phones/models are convertible from one protocol to another (Avaya is one example). If your phone supports this, you could try it on one and see.

There are some pretty big differences between the two and each protocol has versions to contend with, so complete compatibility may be difficult.

My take is that most of these types of devices are used between networks and not as a manager/transcoder of multiple CPE type devices within the same network.

I recommend that you call Patton directly with your needs and get their input they may have such a device and if not, may know of another who does and then you can determine cost of the device versus phone replacement and disaster planning if the device should ever fail.

Phones are Aastra (they can be converted to SIP), we have also this setup on another location, the problem is that with the SIP firmware they dont have the ability to change DTMF (default is RFC and we need inband), advanced features nothing is working (call wait, call transfer, pickup call, every time when i try call transfer, call is droped), that feature are only available with MyPhone. I will try with Patton support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.