• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Hand off to Mobile number

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith13045

Customer
Reaction score
I am trying to set it up where the if the user doesnt answer the call it goes to his mobile. I see a couple of ways to attempt it but it isnt working on any of them. The call appears to just drop.

Any thoughts?

The Extension option of Ring My Mobile at the same time should cause both the 3CX extension and the mobile to ring. If it is not working, check the 3CX Activity Log to see why the call fails. It does require a free trunk to connect the call.

All I see is that the call was terminated.

12/07/2018 1:36:08 PM - [CM503003]: Call(C:109): Call to <sip:[email protected]:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE from 192.168.1.169:5060

I have it setup with the forwarding rules to forward after 6 seconds ( 2 Rings) to Number. When it happens it just terminates the call instead of transferring it. I hear nothing on the line.

So after purging the log file and trying again. I got these

12/07/2018 1:58:02 PM - [CM503003]: Call(C:113): Call to <sip:[email protected]:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE from 192.168.1.169:5060
12/07/2018 1:58:01 PM - [CM303006]: There's no outbound rule for external number 'xxxxxxxxx' defined
12/07/2018 1:58:01 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxxxxx can not be built!

I am able to dial out from the phone itself so I am confused as to why its saying no outbound rule for the external number. Plenty of trunks available as well.

Whatever "xxxxxxxxx" is, has to match an outbound rule, that means that when you put in a number to forward to, or a ring my mobile option, it must be in the same format (include any prefixes) as would be dialled by the extension. Check the destination number you have entered.

It's saying there's no outbound rule because there's no outbound rule. It's pretty black and white. You need to make sure it's actually matching a rule which your logs indicate it isn't.

Looks like my issue was with my digital receptionist I didn't have the extension for it listed in a outbound rule. Thanks guys.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.