• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Handling Direct IP calls PC to PC calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcero

Reaction score
Will 3CX handle direct IP calls? For example, if someone calls my public IP address and I have the firewall properly ported to 3CX, is there a way to have the 3CX server handle and route these IP calls? If it can, then this would be the final stop for my search for the perfect Voip PBX. Thanks. MC

Yes, we have such plan to handle direct SIP calls. But, still, we should find out the way to make such calls secure, otherwise it will be wide breach in our system's sequrity. Even right now you can add a 'provider' with advanced options set to not require registration, and empty authentication/password, play around with Line-ID settings -- and you will get almost what you want. The only limitation is that you have to know the source address of caller, otherwise such line wouldn't be found upon incoming call, and, thus, call will be rejected.

Wildcard?

Can you add something like a wildcard to match ANY/ALL inbound numbers or IP address so no calls would get rejected? Thanks. MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.