Handset keeps ringing after call pickup ** T28FIX TO CHECK

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bolton, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolton

Hi All,

Have a new deployment with 8 Yealink T28's fully provisioned. I have setup a "ring all" call group for inbound calls. I have one handset/extension on the system that continues to ring after another extension picks up the call. Any thoughts on what would cause this issue?

2. teldotnet

Re: Handset keeps ringing after call pickup

we have same setup for a client with all yealink phones external to the server and works ok, are these local to the 3cx server, remote over tunnel or remote via sip?

I initally had some issues with remote via SIP with long delays etc but all works ok now

3. bolton

All phones are local.

4. teldotnet

if all local wont be anythnig to do with network delays, all running same s/w? we recently upgraded all our to v50 with no ill effects

5. bolton

Yeah, all brand new,all current FW. Strangely it initially was ext 100 that would ring on, but then fixed itslef, then ext 105 started doing it.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A 3Cx log (verbose) showing the incoming call (one where some of the sets continue to ring) might provide a clue as to what's happening. It's either a message not being sent (unlikely, or everyone would be complaining) or, one being ignored. Wireshark would confirm that.

7. DeWild1

I had this too, it stopped after a firewall change. The ports were not being forwarded right. Either direct conect to the external internet and use the built in Routing and Remote access in windows 2003 and 2008, or double check you are not doing some sort of firewall inside a firewall and or the ports are set up to forward.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. techlution1

We too are beginning to experience this problem with yealink T28 deployment, did anyone find a definite solution?

9. Gregplummer

i am facing this problem

10. wired1

I'm also having this issue. Have had the problem since nov. Any help would be great as now my customer is going crazy with all the fining phones.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

After some reading between the lines (because no one posted logs, gave definite technical aspects of the problem or posted a wireshark capture) I should be in a position to assume the following based on the information I could get from these threads:

a) Yealink have a new firmware V51 and now V60. Upgrade to that firmware first of all and try again.

IN V60 Yealink promised us a bug fix which we have reported during the release of SP 5. We still have not yet confirmed this since we know it is a phone problem. This was directly related to call pickup and the phone remains ringing. So someone can try V60 firmware and let us know.

b) Since a user mentioned that he was using V50, and that was in the time of SP3 or SP4, then I assume that we have users with installations that are not upgraded to SP5.

c) Wireshark will answer your questions. Especially when there is a possibility that a phone problem is involved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. wired1

Re: Handset keeps ringing after call pickup ** T28FIX TO CHE

Sorry for the lack of info. I figured it was something silly that I was doing.

After the post I grabbed the V6 update for yealink phones and applied accross the board. I then upgraded the 3cx to the version SP5 (latest) last night. Today I arived onsite and began to test and what do you know. Whamo... Fixed.

Thanks for the write back and for thoese of you using this combo out there update... it works.

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks wired. So Yealink kept their word :) We had found this issue and reported it to them. They promised us a fix in V6X. Good - Very good.

How do you like the Yealink range of phones? Do you have any other phones?

14. wired1

I love the phones. I have used Aastra in the past but the price for the features you just can't beat. Easy setup with the 3cx system and would use them at any of my customer sites.

15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We confirmed that firmware today and everything is working as expected. Thanks for the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.