Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

handset with two extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by flaming, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flaming

Hi,

I have a SPA504G with a side cart attached working poerfectly on Ext 101.

Is there a way I can set either one of the LIne buttons on the phone or a button on the side cart to be another extension (105)

105 hasa DDI attached and is for a seperate business, I wouldlike the ability to have visability of the incoming call knowing it is for the other business and also the ability to select that line / button to make outgoing calls as that number.

Currently Ext 105 has its own handset and I have two phones on my desk....

Thanks

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

You can change a line button.

But you have to go into the phone (web gui) to do it manually. Log in as admin go to the accounts and pick the line you want and enter the information to register the account (you can copy the settings from the other line if you are not sure - just be sure to change the auth id and password)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. flaming

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the help.

I have loged into the web ui and was about to to as you suggested but "Ext 4" does not have "Proxy:" field available to enter the 3cx server IP.

Is there another step I need to do fisrt ?

Thanks

Sab

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I dont have one of those models handy to be able to guide you through it. But some phones like to have a setting to say whether they are a line or a shared ext of another line. So look on there (possibly under ext4) for a drop down to say line enabled, or line or similar. Then the proxy should appear.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.