• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

handy tone 488 vs zoom 5801 ATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

aramos

Reaction score
Hi,.
i just bought the grandstream handytone 488 but the has been no way to setup the 3cx pbx to make outgoing calls using the HT488 FXO port. has anyone been able to make this work?
i say the zoom 5801 ATA adapter wich also has FXO port. has anyone been able to make the 5801 work with this PBX? because if so i will go ahead and buy it.

if no. can anyone tell me which (not so expensive) voip gateway has been tested with 3cx and actually works.

i have been able to configure the handy tone 488 to recieve calls into 3cx but i have a problem. when i tell the HT488 to go irectly into a a digital receptionist it is transfered and works correctly but when you choose an option (eg. 1) yo hear the system prompt "please hold while i transfer your call" and then the line is abruptly closed after that. the digital receptionist never gets to actually transfer the call to any extension.
has anyone been able to make that work?

I have a 488 also. You have had far better luck with it than I have. I have yet to get it even register with the 3cx PBX.

I also am using VMware to host it and then trying to use my laptop and another desktop with softphones. I have one Grandstream phone and it work very well with the 3cx PBX.

Can you give me a run down on you setup both in the 3CX PBX and the 488?

How is your netowrk setup? DNS? DHCP? Hubs or Switches? What speed is it running at?

Those kind of things...

Thanks

CJammer

Grandstream HT 488

I have the 488 working fine on inbound (PSTN to VoIP) calls to 3CX. I am of the opinion that outbound (VoIP to PSTN) is not possible with the 488. It's just not a real gateway.

I also have a Grandstream 2000 phone, and this thing kicks butt! Having lots of fun with it!

Larry

Grandstream H488

hello, i works very hard it be able to work port FXS and FXo of the H488, the problem to make calls to the PSTN was that this it requires in the rule to define that when somebody marks 0 the PSTN it it must replace by *00, in the other words is like R*00

the zoom 5801 does work for incoming and out going but will not pass incoming caller id but otherwise for $50.00 does work very well

Did you guys ever get the 488 to work with 3CX?

I see it is listed under the supported gateways.

If so, did it pass in caller ID etc?

Thanks.
Pete

Re: Zoom 5801 ATA

Hi guys...

Re the Zoom 5801.

I am trying to configure mine without a handset being plugged into it.
I simply want to pass the PSTN call straight thro to 3cx and ring handsets in a ring group. Should the internet connection fail to my server running 3cx then I would like all calls to route via the Zoom 5801.

I have configured the Zoom and it is registered with 3CX. I am ok with programming ring groups etc.

When I call the PSTN number however, I the ring group does not activate. I have tried many settings and am still unable to pass the call from PSTN to the ring group. I have been thro the section on Bridging PSTN to VOIP and vice versa and enabling these did not make any difference.

Clearly there are lots of settings in this Zoom unit and I fear I must be missing some of the vital ones. If anyone has one configured in this way I would muchly appreciate a copy of the configuration.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Running 3CX 12.5

Martin

As long as the Zoom is registered as a PSTN gateway using its FXO port, then there should be minimal other device settings that affects how the call is handled. You should see that the device is registered (green) and that when a call is received the trunk port indication within 3CX will change to yellow and indicate the destination.

What is needed is that when setting the PSTN line up, there should be an associated inbound rule that is set from within 3CX that defines where to send the call once the call is received.....in your case the ring group.

As far as the fail over aspect, the device also has an FXS port which can handle an analog phone.

I would recommend to buy a new Welltech ATA for $30 instead of trying to get these old devices to work which will then be unreliable, simply not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.