Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

handytone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spec, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spec

Hi I want to get a handytone and I’m trying to work out what does what. The pc with 3cx on connects to my netgear router with an rj45. The pc has 2 network ports so I think the handytone could plug in to the router or the pc. So with that in mind anyone of them should do that job (I think).

Now I have one phone line coming in to the house which I want to connect to 3cx. I thought analogue phone port did that job, but what this pstn passthrough port I thought that was a phone port to. But the handytone 286 has 1 analogue and no pstn. So I’ve got something wrong. Or I am I correct maybe not

Help

Grandstream ATA Comparison Table

Feature ................Handytone 286.........Handytone 386..........Handytone 486............Handytone 488..........Handytone 496

Ethernet Ports .........1 x RJ45 (LAN).........1 x RJ45 (LAN)..........2 x RJ45 (LAN/WAN) .....2 x RJ45 (LAN/WAN)....2 x RJ45 (LAN/WAN)
    DHCP/NAT Router .....No........................No........................Yes .........................Yes.........................Yes
    Analogue Phone Port....1.........................2 .........................1............................1 ......................... 2
    Analogue Line Port.....No....................... No .......................No..........................Yes .......................No
    PSTN Pass-through
    Port.......................No ......................Yes ...................... Yes ........................ Yes ........................No
    Remote Configuration.TFTP/HTTP ............TFTP/HTTP ...............TFTP/HTTP ...................TFTP/HTTP .........TFTP/HTTP

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

In Handytone get 503
    but I prefer Linksys SPA3102
    and for IP phone You can get Grandstream

3. spec

Hi thanks for answering

I was thinking and still am of getting a linksys spa3102 as I notice in one of the post a 3cx tech guy said they had tested that unit on the 3cx. But when you do a search in this forum all you get is people having problems. So it’s kind of scaring me off a bit. I think I would still like to get one but I’m not sure I could get it running.

Have you got one and have you had any probs with it

thanks

4. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hi
    Grand stream is great in ip phone and gxw410x
    but in ata you'll scare more ithan spa3102
    the problem in spa3102 it has a lot of settings
    some people did a mistake
    I'm always say the best thing to solve spa problem is reset to factory set and configu it again
    you'll find it easy and works fine

5. spec

thanks

6. amygoda

amygoda Member

You are welcome

7. spec

Hi
    I was just about to buy one when I noticed the word router (Linksys SPA3102 Voice Gateway with Router - VoIP gateway - EN, Fast EN).

Are they using the word router because it routes your phone calls or is it a pc internet router as well ? ? ?

I use a Netgear DG834N which I want to continue to use so if it is a pc router would this be a problem for me ? ? ?

Thanks

8. galal202

galal202 New Member

router is an option
    you can use bridge mode not nat
    also grandstream 503 did the same but spa better

9. francesco

francesco New Member

only 488 have a fxo port

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello francesco,
    503 has fxo,fxs with caller id and router

11. spec

Thanks all going to go with the SPA3102

Thanks again

12. francesco

francesco New Member

yes,
    i intend between Handytone 286.........Handytone 386..........Handytone 486............Handytone 488..........Handytone 496
    only 488

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello
    Both are grandstream
    The prices are alomst the same

so why I buy ata without caller id?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.