Hanging up on first line while second line is ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrischevy, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrischevy

Hi,

This might be a Snom issue but I'll post it here anyways. Maybe someone has the same problem.

On a Snom (320,370) phone, when someone is on line 1 (light up) and a call comes in on line 2 (flashing), if the person presses the "X" on the phone to terminate the current conversation (which is line 1), what happens is that line 2 goes to voicemail and line 1 stays active.

I would like to be able to use the "X" to hang up the current conversation instead of forwarding the second line to voicemail...

There is probably an option in the Snom phone to work around this issue but I can't find it.

Anyone knows about this ?

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FBW

FBW New Member

As far as I know we never had that particular problem with Snom phones.
    On the other hand we've had quite some weird problems with the 8.4.18 firmware. So much that we returned all Snom phones (3xx series) to firmware 7.3.30.

That firmware has posed one signle problem we know of. However it rarely surfaces unless users play around too much with it or, let's say, abuse it.
    PROBLEM: if you press the DND button more than once within about 5 seconds the call to *60 or *61 hangs and keeps hanging for hours, days, ... until you restart the phone AND all 3CX services.

Other than that we had no problem with the 7.3.30 firmware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We are aware of this. Yes it is called abuse like you mentioned. IN any case we are changing this to send a busy tone.

Try performing an operation on any software very fast and see what happens.

For what reason in your business do you have to change dnd status from Available to away in less than 5 seconds? Unless you are trying to break the system?

4. FBW

FBW New Member

Nicky,

I couldn't agree more but some customers... well you know what I mean :mrgreen:

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Hanging up on first line while second line is ringing**F

Tell them to use this key moderately.

Give them an example like this.

When you send an email and you see sending, you let it send the email right? You do not stay pressing the send button a million times in a row. If you do this, we all know that the application will crash. Then do not come and say "My browser or email client crashed!!!" Of course it crashes. Because the user did not let it finish what it was programmatically designed to do.

Also the problem in this case was that snom was not releasing tags needed to be released and was putting a stuck call on the pbx. This was fixed in the latest version of snom so give them the option to upgrade. Even though personally I prefer version 7 better than 8.

What we will do is the following to make it fail proof.

A) I will try to check with snom whether they can switch on the speaker when this call is make.
    If not
    B) I will change the did button to send busy or do not disturb instead of playing the prompt (as it was designed by the manufacturer after all) But then the busy config will be made on the local phone and the pbx will still route the call to the phone. (The pbx cannot know that a snom phone decided to go to do not disturb)

6. FBW

FBW New Member

Nicky,

The firmware 8 indeed solved that problem. But as you can see in my previous messages this caused a lot of othr problems, like lines cutting and other weird stuff.
    So we needed to turn back to firmware 7.3.30
    With the 820, 821 and 870 we don't have these problems.
    On the other hand, the 370 remains the most user friendly one to me.

I have an Aastra shipping as we speak. Let's see if that can convince us to drop Snom alltogether...
    Meanwhile no problems with the Snom m9 although I know Nick hates them :lol:

7. chrischevy

I think my thread got a bit hijacked here... ;)

Back to my original issue:

If someone uses the handset, there is no problem because the person can simply hangup to "flush" line 1 and pickup the phone to take line 2.

The problem is present for users with headset. Pressing "X" flushes the ringing line instead of the current active conversation. Any way of going around this situation ?

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

contact snom

9. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Chrischevy,

I think there is a solution for your problem in the new snom firmware (added in version 8.4.21).

Take a look at this: http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/short_cancel_denies_call.

Regards,

10. chrischevy

Thank you Jim, I'll keep an eye open for this firmware !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.