Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hard phone connect to 3cx via internet

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by binary1, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binary1

Hi, I've got a windows server on the internet without any firewall.

Am trying to connect a hard phone (namely the Yealink T20s and T28s) over to the 3CX.

Can someone explain to me how and what settings I have to put together for it to work? I can connect if I disable the STUN but it's connecting with a local address so when I try calling say the voice mail, I get no sound.

Thanks

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the extension on the same network as the server? Same private IP range, behind a router?

Never mind, haven't had my morning coffee yet, re-read your post....

Remote Extensions will almost always have to use STUN unless you are using VPN or a tunnel. What shows up in the 3CX log when you enable STUN and attempt a registration of the set? Do you see anything? I assume that the remote set is behind a router. Is the port number of the set (for example, 5060) unique to that network?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.