Hard Phone Not Completing Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

On a new Yealink T21PE2 i proisioned it using the auto provisioning by letting the phone get recognized and then adding an extension to it.

However, this phone has a Solid RED LED on the Power LED and according to the Yealink manual it means that the phone is still provisioning. The Display screen goes from a normal screen to a 3CX screen ever 2-3 seconds and continuously repeats this cycle

The phone seems to function Ok can receive and make calls

To diagnose the problem I went to the web interface for this phone and another Yealink T21PE2 and compared each screen looking for differences that could explain the issue and the differences I found are attached.

It looks to me as if there are provisioning errors for each phone but I can not be sure, but one thing that is apparent is that they were provisioned differently.

I could go in a change some values to see if that would fix the problem but am relunctent to do that in fear I may create more problems that I sole because of my lack of understanding.

Any advise would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Especially the fact that the not working phone has a dial plan makes think that either a custom template was used OR the phone did not pull any settings at all.

If you are using a custom template use the default one first and make sure it works. If you are not sure if you are using the default one, to re-download it go to Updates -> Phone Provisioning Template Update. Then reset the phone to Factory Default and go again.

If the phone is not pulling the setting at all, again, reset it to Factory Defaults, then check in the phones UI that indeed all settings have been cleared. Leave it for some time and see if it reboots again before doing anything (I have heard of cases where they have forgotten an Option 66 string for phones). Check back again to see if it is still blank.
    If it is, try manually putting the LOCAL provisioning link as found in the Management Console -> System Status, under step 5, into the Yealink UI and see if it then pulls the settings.

3. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

I set all phones back to factory default using the phone web interface, disconnected POE Power, deleted the phones (REJECT), then deleted the associated extensions.

I then put power back to the phones, they cam up under phones I then selected the phone and used "add Extension" and recreated the extension.

Now they seem to be provisioned correctly

Thanks for Your Help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.