Hardware not registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simo923, Sep 6, 2007.

1. simo923

Hi guys. I have what i believe could be a simple problem, i just can't figure it out.

I have a simple network setup. A router issuing DHCP (combined firewall). A few laptops running X-Lite and a few Grandstream 100 phones.
    Now, i have configured the 3CX server for a few lines, a very basic setup. The softphones all register fine when i look at line status. The hardware phones do not though, they appear as not registered. I can call from the Grandstreams to any softphone, not a problem. But i cannot call to the hardware phones or between them. They always show as red, not registered apart from when attempting a call when they come up amber, calling.

The error code i get back is 404. Is there any reason they do not appear to be registering, although they can make calls. Thanks guys.

2. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

which brand phones? which model phones? which firmware version on the phones?... did you try configuring them without password? some phones get mixed up during registration /password authentication procedure. First i suggest you remove password in both 3cx and phone web config and configure them without. just user name. Then if they register we know its something going on during registration process.

Try this then we take it from there. Make sure you give us the line in server status that reflects the pbxs error message when the extensions send registration attempt.