Hardware Requirements?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bhup18, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhup18

Hello, I am looking to setup 3cx on a server2003 box and to use XO's VOIP 1.5Mbps connection/voip rate plan. THey would provide a managed router but my question is what are the hardware requirements on the server..just a lan port? or do I have to purchase some type of expansion card?

Any information to what the hardware requirements/setup would be like for 3cx would be very help ful.

Thanks,

B

2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello
    not at all, look the FAQ

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bhup18

I plan to connect atleast 12-16 phones...10 of them would be agents who take calls of the queue.

I was unable to find the FAQ article that discusses the hardware setup, general information choice of switch and/or router.

Do you guys have any other resources for me to educate myself further?

Thanks,

B

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

For the price I really like the HP ML115 servers. They have a smart buy for about $650 that includes 1 gig ram and 250g sata drive. Add 1-2 more sata drives and setup mirroring or raid 5 with the built-in raid controller. Add another gig of ram and you have yourself a very nice PBX system for under $1k with redundancy.

Only issue is the processor is AMD. If you don't care that's great. If you are an "intel only" person then you would need the ML110 series but those do not have built-in raid.

Install Server and turn off the un-necessary services and you are done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Offtop: Just out of curiosity: what's wrong about AMD?

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Matt, I really respect and appreciate your position.

Difficult thing is that soft is much more affected by end-users misunderstanding or misconfiguration than hardware. So being in that you always risk to sit in office on weekends rather than walk your kids or enjoy your friends :)

7. Nebula

Nebula New Member

If you go for the HP ML110 G5 it has a 2.33Ghx Intel dual core Xeon, built-in raid, a gig of memory and a 3 year next day hardware warranty all for £185. That is what I am planning for a client install of 3Cx at the moment. I have used a lot of the HP ML range in the past, mainly for w2k3 servers, great value, no trouble. Stick in another gig of memory and a second disk with raid 0 for around £60 and you will have a very good box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.