Has anyone had success using Comcast, Vonage or others?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph Member

I am just currious if anyone has been able to use Comcast, Vonage or other large VoIP providers successfully with 3CX yet?

If so, how did you do it? :shock:

Take care,

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I use Vonage but only a single line account bound to their analog adapter that I mate with 3CX via an SPA3102. Murder to get working but extremely nice now that it is.

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Call them and tell them you have your own equipment and need the settings. If they won't give you those then you're looking at adapters and doing what Mirzab did.

From previous experience Vonage support sucked. When it worked it was ok, when it didn't it was a couple hours on the phone with them trying to fix it. And it was never as clear as it is now that I'm using nexVortex.

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I am not sure if Ralph wanted greater detail so just in case - I had called Vonage (Canada) and they will not release login & settings on a primary single line account, it is their requirement that such accounts be serviced only by their locked adapters. I believe this to be the same in the USA. You have the option of purchasing their add-on softphone account, which they will provide login & settings for, and forwarding the locked line to the softphone account, and paying a lot more. I took the SPA option, made better financial sense. If you ask why even stick with Vonage? Right now they are the only VoIP provider than can port my old number of many years that apparently is located in a lesser used exchange.

5. dunng

Comcast?

Comcast? Thanks!

6. Ralph

Ralph Member

Thanks for the additional info. Looks like I'll be using other non restricted providers.

Take care,

7. Stuck

Hey Ralph,

We use BroadVoice for our small business, so far they have been fine for us with good voice quality, easy to setup in 3CX, etc. Just choose their "Bring Your Own Device" plan as you dont need any hardware as you will be connecting directly to 3CX.

8. Ralph

Ralph Member

Thanks

We are currently using Broadvoice as well.

The only concern I have is that there are some phone numbers that we can't seem to talk to (just rings and rings). I am trying to narrow it down to see if it is a problem with 3CX or Broadvoice or VoIP in general :roll:

Take care

9. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Download wireshark and see if the packets are hitting your server. If they are then it's a 3CX issue. If not then it's a router or Broadvoice issue.