Has anyone seen this before?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thames, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thames

thames New Member

Hi Folks

We've been using 3CX phone system for a few years now and have struggled with a specific problem for all that time. I keep meaning to drop this question into the forum but we are so busy that we've kinda put up with it for all the time we've had the system running.

We have three extensions, only two of which are actively in use as we are down to two in the office now rather than three.

The two extensions are in a group called MAIN and calls are diverted to that group when the phone rings. We are not using an auto attendant during working hours.

If one of us has answered or made a call and another call comes in, we have to wait for that tiny period when the hunt suddenly stops just before looking at the next extension before we answer the second call. If we just answer the call the moment the second phone begins to ring, there is absolutely nothing there - blank. The customers says they can hear us saying "hello" but we can't hear a thing on the answered phone. Like I said, though, if we wait that little bit, the second call is answered perfectly.

Has anyone every seen this issue and if so, please could you tell us how to fix/resolve it?

Many thanks
    Chris

P.S. We are using both Patton Smartnode 4114 and Orbtalk for incoming and outgoing calls.

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Hi thames,

as you can understand this issue is complicated and needs to be investigated with wireshark and log files and check how the packets flow on the background. As a first step check the Patton firmware in order to be in 6.5 witch is the latest and supported. Also check your router / firewall for the option SIP /ALG to be disabled. The firmware of the phones to be on the latest and supported.
    If you are using 3cx client check for the anti-virus of windows firewall.

3. thames

thames New Member

Hi there, nikosT_3cx

Thanks for your reply. I'll go and check those details for the firmware etc. and I'll come back to you here.

Cheers
    Chris

4. thames

thames New Member

Hi again

Right. The router is a Vigor 2120n which doesn't have the VOIP capability. The Patton firmware is now on 6.5 and I have successfully reloaded it. The phones (Grandstream) are all on latest version.

I guess I'm now going to wait until we have simultaneous calls to make sure whether it's still happening. I'll get back to you again as soon as I know.

Thank you so much for the help so far!

Cheers
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.