Has anyone tried the Ubiquiti UniFi IP Phones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bcampbell74, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcampbell74

Has anyone tried the Ubiquiti UniFi IP Phones with 3CX yet at all? Interesting devices, an Android desk phone.

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-voip/uvp/

2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

I haven't but would also be interested in feedback on these.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bcampbell74

I can confirm that they work, I have one on my desk for testing. Deployment with Ubiquiti USG works well too. Other than make/receive calls, transfer a call and test voicemail I haven't tried much else. BLF does not exist yet however I believe that this is being worked on currently. If anyone else has any feedback or anything that they would like me to test please post below.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

I have two that I purchased pretty early. Unfortunately the phone dialer app only has basic functionality, and because of that I can't recommend them. Also, there is no provisioning support outside of using the Unifi Controller software. The software is pretty good, and I am using it for managing WAPs and switches. I just wish they would open up or document provisioning from and HTTP source or something. I have also had problems with touch screens on the phones, they are both off in relation to where they register touch, and there is no way to adjust the units that I have. I do have very early units, so this may have been resolved.

I have had much better luck with the Grandstream (apparently Grand-stream is a bad word) GXV-3275, which is also Android based. These phones are not perfect either, but we have been working through the issues, and the manufacturer has good support available through their site, and frequently updates phone firmware. I have about 130 of them deployed.

5. simply7

I have tried. They will work but just as a basic phone. The lowest cost one is junk IMO. The mid range one will run 3cx client after the update. The executive will run 3cx client as well but it has no landscape mode and won't rotate because there is no accelerometer to change the orientation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.