Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Have to keep on registering the line to receive phone calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dtv, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtv

dtv

I am not able to receive phone calls unless I register the line or make an outbound phone call.
    If I do not make a call out or register the line, the inbound calls will fail. The line will drop within a min.

I tried to reduce the value in Time between registration attempts (in seconds) to 600, and the problem is still there.

Once an inbound call failed, I will receive an email from my VOIP provider telling me that a call to my DID number has failed . They received 'CHANUNAVAIL' when attempting to route the call to my server or device.

I tried two different voip providers, and the same situation happenned both times.
    I am testing with the free 3CX version 6.0.806.0.

How do I keep the line from dropping? Is it a firewall problem (my firewall test passed)? Is is a stun server problem?

Thank you,
    Dan

2. radcomp

just make sure that your router has these ports open 5060 5080 and 9000 to 9007
    also make sure that windows firewall on the PC that 3cx is installed on, is disabled
    i had the same problem and this seemed to have fixed it

Regards,
    Josh

3. dtv

dtv

Josh,
    Thanks, my firewall was the problem.
    dtv

4. wzaatar

Hi,

You can also ask the 3cx to re-register every 2-3 minutes.

Cheers,

W.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Discovery Technology

Most firewalls have an active connections timeout (both UDP and TCP - depending upon the compplexity of the firewall) - you might want to check your UDP timeout setting for your SIP registrations as it may be disconnecting you in the background as well.

Active connections timeouts are good settings to keeep the firewall running efficiently, however they can give you some unexpected results if you don't modify them for your registrations and audio call traffic.

Cheers, Brendan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.