Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Have "Warning/Confirmation" when clicking "Regenerate"

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by the60, May 17, 2017.

Have "Warning/Confirmation" when clicking "Regenerate" 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

Tags:
  1. the60

the60 New Member

I mistakenly clicked on "regenerate" button, with all extensions selected, assuming the system would force-build new config files. Boy, was I wrong! Of course, it instead created new passwords for Voicemail, SIP registration, and who knows what else. It took a while to fix the client's system, and I assume all responsibility for not knowing this.

However, it would be helpful if:

1. There were a warning or confirmation box that popped up, indicating what was about to occur, and giving the admin the option to cancel.
    2. If there were, in fact, a way for force-build new config files from templates & settings, so we don't have to make & delete a dummy BLF in order for the config file to get built.
    Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    giwm likes this.
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Config files get build on the fly when they are requested by the device - atleast on v15.
    So there are never stale Config files.

As far as REGENRATE - ouch! Sorry for that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. the60

the60 New Member

Yeah...My bad for suree. Also had read about configs on the fly, so that's a non-issue. But a nice way to back out of having mistakenly clicked on regenerate would be useful. It'll happen again, somewhere.

4. giwm

giwm New Member

Yeah, this just bit me, too. It regenerates the yealink config files (not mac.cfg) though. :'( Thank goodness for backups.

5. Silly English Kniggit

Wow - that should totally have a warning on it!