Having Issues With My PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fu19900514, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fu19900514

I can call with my apps on iphone BUT i get the following when i use my PBX

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Putting in the actual IP of your provider (69.166.27.135) , a call working, would tell you if it is a DNS resolution error. Possible DNS server issue, correct DNS IP settings?

See if you can ping voip.directnet.ca from the computer running the PBX, and be confirm you are using the correct port..

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

at the console of that server go to a dos prompt and type: ping voip.directnet.ca --->Enter
    it should resolve that to an IP address followed by 4 attempts to reach it. If it fails without the 4 attempts it means that you are likely using non-functional DNS servers in your TCPIP configuration (see network card settings) try switching to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google's DNS servers). Retry test, if it passes you are all set. Additionally, some providers implement SRV records for load balancing and redundancy but have no clue on how to do it and fail to add an A record, this will cause your issue too. I think that it is far more likely that you have to change DNS servers. It obviously implies that you verified that you have Internet connectivity at the server.... open the browser and check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.