Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

having missed calls on other ring group phones when answered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aftermarket, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aftermarket

we're running cisco 504g phones and when the ring is rung and answered by one of the two phones we have the other phone shows a missed call. is there anyway to make them aware that the call has been answered and not to display the missed call on the other phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Off hand I would think that would have to somehow be a function of the phone itself.

The alternative would be, the PBX, knowing that a particular phone didn't actually answer a call to a RG, would have to send a SIP message to that (those) phone(s) to remove the last callers number.Then the set would have no record of the caller. Is that function even available in SIP?

3. aftermarket

i have no idea! i thought it might of been simple but clearly not. someone must know how to do it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I use a 504g at my desk and see the same thing.

Cisco Phones, and many others, consider any call that rings, and is not answered a missed call. The phone really has no idea what happens to the call, it just knows that it was rung and did not pick up. As far as I know there is no workaround to this, as this happens on all calls, ring groups and queues within 3CX and every other IP PBX I have seen.

5. aftermarket

thats a shame i'm sure i read somewhere that i can be done with certain phones

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You picked a phone what does not understand "Picked Up Elsewhere" what is know for Cisco Phones and Linksys.
    Yealink just fixed if for your queues, RG worked before.
    Snom works 100% but i am not sure in Polycom and aastra...

7. aftermarket

we best get changing the phones! can you recommend the snom model numbers that are on par with the cisco 504 g's? how do you enable it is it just a setting on the snom phone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.