• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

having missed calls on other ring group phones when answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftermarket

Reaction score
we're running cisco 504g phones and when the ring is rung and answered by one of the two phones we have the other phone shows a missed call. is there anyway to make them aware that the call has been answered and not to display the missed call on the other phone?

Off hand I would think that would have to somehow be a function of the phone itself.

The alternative would be, the PBX, knowing that a particular phone didn't actually answer a call to a RG, would have to send a SIP message to that (those) phone(s) to remove the last callers number.Then the set would have no record of the caller. Is that function even available in SIP?

i have no idea! i thought it might of been simple but clearly not. someone must know how to do it

I use a 504g at my desk and see the same thing.

Cisco Phones, and many others, consider any call that rings, and is not answered a missed call. The phone really has no idea what happens to the call, it just knows that it was rung and did not pick up. As far as I know there is no workaround to this, as this happens on all calls, ring groups and queues within 3CX and every other IP PBX I have seen.

thats a shame i'm sure i read somewhere that i can be done with certain phones

You picked a phone what does not understand "Picked Up Elsewhere" what is know for Cisco Phones and Linksys.
Yealink just fixed if for your queues, RG worked before.
Snom works 100% but i am not sure in Polycom and aastra...

we best get changing the phones! can you recommend the snom model numbers that are on par with the cisco 504 g's? how do you enable it is it just a setting on the snom phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.