Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Having problems with firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mevans91, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mevans91

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with my firewall configuration. I have forwarded ports 9000-9500 to the 3cx server (at 192.168.1.22).

When I run the firewall checker, about 10% of the ports randomly fail the firewall test.
    For example, on test 1 ports 9019-9022 (and a bunch of others) will fail but then on test 2 they'll be fine but 9022-9043 will fail instead.

Any ideas as to what is going on, or what I should check?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. pact

pact New Member

Hi Matt,

What router/firewall are you running?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hello @mevans91

It would be very helpful if you show us what you have configure as port forward to your firewall. If it is possible add a screenshot.

4. mevans91

5. mevans91

Hm. Okay.
    I'll see if I can get wireshark to work, I haven't used it in linux before.

Matt

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I had this issue with my Miktrotik until a fairly recent firmware update. Port failure was random but system always seemed to work fine and stable.

8. OCWI

OCWI New Member

Any SIP ALG involved anywhere? Disable that, it may also be worth a call to your ISP to ensure your modem is in "STRAIGHT bridge" mode. For some reason ISP's lately have internally defined a difference between bridge mode and straight bridge mode.

9. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

ALG will consistently break, not a likely cause of random behavior. Might be an aggressive intrusion detection feature on the router. That router has an integrated VOIP client which can most certainly wreak havoc. If you can put it in bridge mode and use your own "known-good" router, you will probably be happier.

10. OCWI

OCWI New Member

In our experience the ISP's ALG is almost always the cause of random behavior. In our are we have Charter/Spectrum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.