Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Having trouble with extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by virtual23, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtual23

Some of my extensions are not working even though they say they are

666 = this call cannot be completed please try again later?
    777 = Same as above

all others seem to be working can anyone shed any light for me what i may of left out even though i have checked everything?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There may be a number conflict, but check the 3CX server log. That should show what is going on.

3. virtual23

nothing in the logs

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Some more detail is needed as while you may understand the full extent of the symptoms, a statement such as "they are not working" is not very telling.

1. You indicated that somehow or another the extensions in question got "this call cannot be completed........". Was this message for calls being made by the extensions themselves or calls to the extensions?
    2. Can the extensions in question make internal calls, extension to extension?
    3. Are the extensions enabled? Look for the check box under the extension in the "other tab".
    4. Extension 777 is normally reserved for the echo test and can only be accessed by the dial code *777. I do not know if this can be changes as this is a system extension.
    5. What is extension 666? What is it used for and is there a phone attached?

By virtue of the fact that there was a message is indicative that something happened as the phones did not generate the message, but rather 3CX or perhaps your provider did. The server activity log should reflect the details. Perhaps you looked in the server event log....which will not show this level.

5. virtual23

666 is the answer phone service

anything to do with ivd or anything isn't working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.