• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Having Trouble with Skype connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprk001

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Wondering whether you can help me :( i have set up an internal phone system for the lake i work at so we have communication between the Shop, Bar, Office and cable dock and it works perfectly:) the ext. are 10,11,12,13 with 12 being the shop!
i haven't had any issues with the set-up and it was very easy to do once i had worked out the phone provisioning.
i would like to expand it so i have setup up skype connect and have user id, password, online number and buisness skype name, i have inputed these details into the system and it shows ports 10000 is registered to skype :) in the ports tab, i have also forward all incomming calls to ext.12(shop) but that is where i have started to have a problem, if i try to call in using the online number or the skype name it will ring twice and then cut off but i get nothing at the phone end!

have you got any idea what i have done wrong or what i haven't done :(

Regards

Dave

Well guys I think I have cracked it: the new skype does not have extras option on install :) I loaded skype as useall and then run gateway for skype as administrator. It all loaded, left settings as standard and started server.
Software found both skype and PBX servers and gave me a green light. Didn't have time to test but I have faith, will keep you updated.

Right! had another issue, Skype Extras Rrrrrrhhh.....
Found an old download of skype 4.0 which had extras and was much better to register with the 3CX Gateway
I hope this is the last issue
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.