headset problems

Discussion in 'Windows' started by henrikchr, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henrikchr

Hi, Im testing the 3cx voip phone, to use with our philips/nec system. So far so good, both version 4 and 5 works.

The problem is that in ver 5 i cannot get my plantronic cs60 to lift the hook, I can in ver 4 ???

Is this a bug or an undocumented feature :lol:

Any kind of help would be appreciated...

Henrik

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback :)

We no longer have built in support for Plantronics. Plantronics have to update their drivers to support 3CXPHone 5.

HOwever, 3CXPhone 5 has built in support for Jabra headsets...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. custodian

Hi

I've just seen this and this a MAJOR setback for me as I've just gotten our client to purchase 2 of the CS60 USB headsets as the other posts had indicated that this worked. Is there ANY way at all to get this to work? Even an unsupported method?

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Plantronics updated their software to allow handling all of their models (introducing Plantronics URE) and we updated 3CXPhone accordingly. So, technically speaking, current 3CXPhone can handle latest Plantronics software, therefore all their models.

But, the main problem is following: the "integration plugin" developed by us - a ~20KB dll - requires ~10MB of their installation libraries, plus changing one of their configuration file. So, bottom line, if they include the plugin in their install kit, it will grow by 20KB and be install-reliable. If we include the plugin in our install kit, it will grow by 10MB and will not be install-reliable - not acceptable. Therefore, at this moment, 3CXPhone cannot, practically, handle Plantronics headsets.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. custodian

Hi Vali

Thanks for the response. How about a separate installer just for those of us that have plantronics headsets? I mean one that installs the 20KB dll and the 10MB of libraries? Or is it not possible to just include the DLL in your default install and ask that those that need Plantronics integration then install the libraries separately, which is perfectly acceptable. It doesn't have to be integrated. Windows users are used to installing drivers and dlls and supporting applications to make one item work ;)

I've also installed the Plantronics URE but it still won't work. I'm assuming because I don't have the DLL right? If so, is it possible to get the DLL?

6. mkynoch

Hi,

sorry,not to hijack.

I'm faced with a similar problem, except i have the BUA-200 and savi GO. I'm super ticked at Plantronics for there short sited approch.

I'm now stuck with a handfull of unfriendly hardware!

I would love to know the changes/hack required to get these to work with 3cx phone. Is there any possible way anyone could post some info that can guide the adventurous one among us?

I'm very happy with 3cxphone, would rather not have to go with Cisco ip comm. (NIGHTMARE!!!)

Regards,
    Mal

7. expertc

Bumping this old thread.

Does anyone have this BUA-100 answer/hangup/ring working with 3CXPhone 5 or 6? Our ability to sell 3CX to our top clients revolves around us getting this working.

I've spent hours on this problem. 3CXPhone 4 + BUA100 = pefect operation (ring +answer/hangup works on the headset)
    If I remove 3cxphone4, install 3cxphone 5 or 6 breaks this functionality. If I reinstall v4 it's good again.

I understand there may be some politics involved (3cx waiting/blaming Plantronics, plantronics doing the opposite), but customers of both products are affected. I for one DON'T CARE if you don't have a database of 50-100 Plantronics headset models, but I fail to see any reason why you had to remove or change whatever made the BUA100 work in version 4. At the very least, I am requesting that upon request you tell your users how to remove the "latest" plantronics database and rever to to the database you used in 3cxphone 4. Or please compile a 2nd 3cxphone6 installer labeled with a suffix of "old plantronics".

Can I live withou the features in 3cxphone 5/6? yes. However it'd be very nice to have, and we are fearful that the a future version of 3cx server is bound to stop supporting the oldest (version 4) 3cxphone.

8. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Plantronics headsets are not supported, so any question about a specific model is pointless at this moment.

P.S. User "custodian" 's post deleted.

9. custodian

Ahhh Vali! Well at least you were honest enough to admit you deleted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.