Headsets that you've used (successfully) with 3CX Phone 12.5 and/or 14

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bdarcyevans, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdarcyevans

So, the official list of supported headsets is gone. The statement from 3CX Support is "basically any headset compatible with Jabra Direct or Plantronics Spokes software can speak with 3cxphone".

To help those (including myself) select a headset, list your choice of compatible headset and what you like and/or dislike about it.

I'm personally using a Jabra EVOLVE 65 UC Stereo. On version 12.5 it was a bit hit and miss; and I never got the answer button to work, even with Jabra Direct installed however on 14 it's fully functional, although I'm now wishing I'd purchased the mono edition for those times when I want to leave them on but still have a conversation in the office.

So, what do you use and how have you found it?

2. abt1

Hi,
    we use Plantronics Savi W440 and W740 for more than 2 years, they worked perfectly incl. the answer button.
    But, after updating to Version 14.0.45826 the 3CX Phone is no longer shown in the Plantronics Spokes Software and the answer button don't work anymore. I hope they fix this asap.
    The Version 14.0.44241 works without a flaw.

Regards
    Klaus

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, currently we support plantronics and jabra.
    In regarding V14 this works the problem is that sometimes plantronics "spokes" gets unresponsive which to resolve this you need to kill a process plantronicsURE.exe.
    Restart 3CXPhone and answer call will start to work.

We have already reported this issue to plantronics where in the next service packs we will also support new version of plantronics hub..

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. abt1

Hi, today i did some testing.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    3CX Phone for Windows 14.0.45826
    Plantronics Savi W440 Headset

As i reported before there is no use of the answer button nor the 3CX Softphone shows up under "Plantronics Spokes 2.8.38701.2" and "Plantronics Spokes 2.8.52117.3". Killing the process plantronicsURE.exe and restarting 3CX Phone makes no difference.
    The installing of "Plantronics Hub 3.6.51102" and reinstalling 3CX Phone brought a firmwareupdate to the Headset and
    now there is no process called plantronicsURE.exe anymore.
    The answer button ist useless as before, the softphone is not listet in the compatible softphone list in "Plantronics Hub".

OK, i can use the headset for making my calls butt i can not use the answer button as i did before with 3CX Phone 12.5.

Is there someone out there who can use the button of his Plantronics headset?

regards klaus

5. abt1

With 3CX Phone System 14 SP2 and the Plantronics Hub Software the callbutton at the Plantronics W440 and W740 work again.
    Thanks to the Developers.

6. jaumecasanovas

Hi, I have v14 SP3 with 3CXPhone 14.0.49169.0 and the callbutton with Plantronics SAVI W440 not found.
    Someone can help me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.