hearing own Music on hold when call on hold in foreign pbx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nobody, Jul 12, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobody

nobody New Member

Make a Call
    the remote party presses the transfer button on her phone
    instead of the remote party moh you hear your own.

Can this be fixed?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @nobody

This does not actually depend on your PBX but on the provider and the remote party. To hear your own MOH this means that the remote party put you on hold and send a Re-Invite to the provider that the provider (correctly) passed through to you. If the PBX did not receive a re-invite then you would hear the MOH of the remote party.

If for example you were the one putting the caller on hold and the caller had the same issue then i would tell you to navigate to Trunk settings / Options and un-check the option "Supports Re-Invite".

3. nobody

nobody New Member

Yannish, Thank you for the explanation.
    In the local trunk options this is already unchecked, but as you told this only helps the other way around.

How can I filter the re-invite from the remote party? It is rather unusual and irritating (for most people?) to hear the own MOH when put on hold. The only other voip appliance I know a little better is starface, and it handles the on hold as I would expect. Any other classic pbx will also never will behave like 3cx.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You can run a capture during a call and see if a Re-Invite arrives from the provider when the call is put on hold. You should see the value "recvonly" in the SDP.

5. nobody

nobody New Member

Sorry, I meant: how can I setup the 3cx pbx to filter/ignore the reinvite enabling users to hear remote MOH regardless of the remote reinvite?

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that the PBX cannot be setup to ignore re-invites as it mandatory to do so and it is hard-coded in the SIP engine of the PBX

7. nobody

nobody New Member

Sorry to insist again, but, from my point of view, it looks like 3cx is the only PBX which operates this way. Even, If you say its mandantory and hardcoded, it does not make any sense for the caller/called. Other pbx also prove it is possible to handle this issue different.
    So, this is a Bug built into 3cx which is not fixable, and we have to live whith it. Correct?
    Or a more positive way: Do you have an explanation which I can present to my customer why this is handled the way it is, which might not make him happy but one which he might understand?

jimbo59 likes this.
  8. nobody

nobody New Member

or: an option to specify a different local MOH when the remote party signals its music on hold.
    Most times a remote music on hold does not contain valuable information. It rather notifies the caller to wait. But to make waiting more comfortable it will not be something like "please wait .. please wait" but instead it will include music and advertisements for the company.
    If the local MOH is played, the local caller might be unsure whats happening when he hears the own company advertisement instead of the remote.
    Since the PBX sits in the middle between the caller and the called party it should be possible to filter the remote signal, and, insert a different MOH from the standard one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.