• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Held Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

petewatterschats

Reaction score
There are Calls in queues, Calls that are parked and calls that are put on Hold

My questions is about Held Calls

Windoes Soft Phone

Windows client has a hot key CTL+SFT+H to place call on hold and resume held call, is the only way a call can be placed on hold and picked up in the Windows Client

Yealink Phone

How can a Phone be placed on Hold and Picked up using a Yealink Hard Phone

With regard to the 3CX softphone for Windows - when in a call, there is a button labeled "Hold" which can be used to place a call on-hold or retrieve a call. It is context sensitive, meaning that the button will only show when engaged in an active call and the softphone has screen presence.

With regard to the Yealink phones, there is also a hard button on the face of the phone, but its appearance may be dependent on the model (t-2x, t-3x or t-4x). In all cases, as far as I recall, they are located to the right of the dial pad in the function area (speaker, transfer, etc.). Some are labeled as such and some may only have an icon on the button itself. If memory serves, I think the icon may have the "pause" representation "||" that is used on many of today's DVR, NVR and cable boxes.

Queued calls, parked calls, and held calls are 3 separate things.

Queued calls are held by the system, and no user intervention is required. When an agent in the queue becomes available, the call will be routed to that extension.

A parked call releases the call from the extension that parked it; that extension is free to connect to other calls, and the parked call can be picked up (un parked) by other extensions.

A held call is tied to the extension that placed it on hold, to be resumed from that extension.

In the case where you'd like to switch extensions that are handling a call, the best bet is to park the call, then pick it up from another extension.

There is an icon on the display of the Yealink T21PE2 if there is a call on hol "| | " but the keys on the right side of the phone are

Tran - transfer
RD - Redial
Speaker

I made a call to a Yealink phone and saw the softkeys change when a call is engaged and one of the softkeys goes to hold

So as in the windows softphone the hard phone needs to have a call engaged before we see an option to place it on hold

Thaks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.