Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hello and a Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Costas, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Costas

Just found out about this phone system and would like to explore it further. I deal in small businesses and one of the requirements they usually have is for their phone system to be similar or better than the propiatary system they have now.

1) Does 3cx support square key abilities? This means put a line on hold and pick it up on another phone set by just blinking the lines on all phones in the office. I know this could be done with park/page/pickup but to me this is a step backwards for small businesses because they have to enter extra numbers to pickup.

2)The different versions are different in simultaneous calls. What does this mean exactly and how do you determine which version to get?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

1) Good idea, we'll definitely consider to implement it.
    2) Choice depends only on expected number of simultaneous calls. If your business has 3 receptionists, dedicated fax line and usually there's 5-10 internall calls at a time - you need around 15 simultaneous calls to be allowed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Costas

On the square key feature, maybe there is a way to have the Hold button be programmed to send a SIP Re-Invite to the group but with a ring silent option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.