Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

hello from new user

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by seanc, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanc

hello, im new to 3CX :)

a couple of questions if i may?

if buy a 16 line system, do i need a 16 line IP phone for reception ? (actualy were only having 12 lines)
    Can you recommend anything for 12 lines, which needs PoE (power over ethernet)

is there a half decent priced hand held phone that works with 3CX - prefer PoE but it doesnt matter.

do u recommend a hardware firewall to run 3CX - i will have a couple of remote users using their cellphone with the app installed.

we are considering sugarCRM integration, would installing sugarCRM+php+mysql work on the same server as 3cx is going to be installed.

just checking, can i record EVERY call automaticaly ? i have the Professional version

2. seanc

also, is there any method to use an ordinary phone (a hands free phone in this case) with 3CX, any adapters/convertors?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can answer a few questions. Reception does not have to have a 16 line set unless they want a key that corresponds to each extension, to see if that extension is busy (BLF key). Many installations will make use of DID trunks, where an outside caller can dial direct to the extension, or use of the Digital receptionist. If you choose to use a single public number and have all calls ring reception first and are then transferred to an extension, then a set capable of displaying the status of each set, might be useful. there are a number that make use of add-ons to increase the key capacity. The set can also be tied to a PC for more functionality.

There are a number of sets that are supported by 3CX, and a lot that work just fine but aren't officially supported. Price points vary, and many users have their favourites.

Standard analogue sets, corded and cordless, can be used on a VoIP system through an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA), there are a number available, they range from a single line unit, to ones with a dozen or more lines.

As far as I'm aware, call recording can be set automatically, you must have the hardware to support this, especially on a larger system.

Firewall choice many depend on your particular installation and usage, a number of hardware and software versions have been brought up in previous posts.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I do not recommend installing anything on your PBX Server except the PBX server software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.