hello , new to 3CX system and VoIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vkei, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vkei

hi , i have download and trying on the 3CX , i got some problem and trying to get help
    sorry if these are already asked , i have make search on the net but not getting

1, the recording function
    is it can only be set for each actual "User Ext." ? i enable them , ok works but for calls coming from PSTN to SIP ext. , the call may forward to another PSTN number ,how to record in this case ? none of the "user ext." is actually connected , oh another question is , if there any options to force recording on

2, recording search
    i can only find this in the reports page , if there any other page for this ? i can't even search all in and out recordings for an ext. number at that page :cry:

3, i plan to use the 3CX with T1 lines but i don't have the gateway yet , looking at the system console , i don't find anywhere to limit the max connection of a DID number , i can add DID number to gateway and create rules for it just can't find where to limit the connections , can it be done ?

thanks very much

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Don't use recordings so I can't help you with that...
    As far as DID's are concerned...That term refers to Direct In Dial, So I'm assuming that you are going to have a range of DID numbers, each pointing to an extension. If that is the case then your provider can cause and second attempt to the same number to be busy (one call to one number), if that is what you want. If you want to allow two attempts, and have the second go to the extensions voicemail, then you would have to check with the provider to see if that is an option. Your provider would have to "choke" off any additional calls.

If you are talking about a pilot number and a given number of trunks, then that can be set in the trunk group, although I'm not sure why you would want to set it below the number of trunks you were paying for.

3. vkei

thx for your reply

about the connections
    we plan to have T1 lines and of coz not only 1 number point to it , some of them will route directly to user some of them will go into IVRS , i wanna know if i can set the IVRS number's max connection like say 5 (**the actual number may change ) , for those direct to user numbers 2nd attempts , that should forward to somewhere set by the user

the thing i want is not having provider to limiting the DID/DDI number connection but to control it in the 3CX

can we do that ??

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

No, the IVR or digital receptionist does not have a setting to establish the max number of callers that it can handle at one time. Your 3cx license will ultimately determine how many calls and then there are other settings that may help, but presumably you would really want to handle every call in some fashion.

5. vkei

thx ,
    handle every call is good but there are limited staff and lines also 3CX license

since now the staff DID number and hotline number are in the T1 , if there are no limit control , i can see maybe customer calls in take all the lines while staff can't using their phone normally , on the other hand customer are just waiting at the queues which doesn't help , it is better to return a busy and let them call in later than forever waiting

really suggest add a function for limiting max connection by DID number maybe extension number too
    ----------------
    sorry , if anyone knows about the recording ?
    can the 3CX record an incoming call which forward to mobile / landline ?
    is the reports page the default and the only recording search ?

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If you run out of licenses or phone lines then you don't have enough... I added a feature request about "reserving licenses" for incoming calls so the office staff does not use all of the licenses available and was told if this happens, you have the wrong license. So the request was denied.
    https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=93
    Even with 45 votes... I guess this is not on their to-do list.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

3CX will only record calls to the extensions, not to external numbers.

As far as the comments with regard to DID go there are ways within 3CX to mitigate the situations you describe. The queues can utilize the callback feature. You can dedicate some lines to being only in-bound or out-bound or both. You can use Vmail. Without knowing the license size of 3CX or how many channels and DIDs you intend to use with your T1, it is hard to say how best to limit. I merely indicated that ideally, you would want to handle every call in some fashion. A busy signal may be one fashion, but to me it offers the caller an opportunity to call someone else. Granted, there may be some situations where processing all calls at a given time is not possible, but the idea or intent should be to have the system take all calls and manage them. I think it would be far more preferable to have 5 calls all hit the IVR at the same time with the intent of going to one extension and having the extension answer one of the five and let the 4 others go to Vmail than it would be to provide a busy and a hang-up. Again, my opinion only.

Craig's scenario is a little different in that he wants to ensure he has open lines for outbound calls. While similar logic could be employed to control either scenario, it involves a level of subjectivity on how many lines, in-bound or outbound and even possibly a prioritization system if one wants to assert that my standing in the company deserves a higher priroity. A call back or ring back function might be nice as this would queue outbound calls such that if you got a "no trunks" available message, the system would ask if you wanted to be placed in the queue for a line when it becomes open and would then allow you to hang up pending an open line whereupon it would ring you back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.