HELP 3CX to T1 PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jdoe, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoe

We currently have a PBX and no plans to get rid of it. So I set up a 3CX server with some wireless phones but it's internal calling only. So, I spoke with one of the phone technicians about providing me with a T1 so I could get phone lines to my server. What I don't understand is what do I use for the T1 to interface to get my server outside lines? We are only going to use the server for our wireless phones.

Thanks

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Well, First off, you are going to need a T-1 to SIP Gateway to get your 3CX to communicate through the T1 to your old PBX. From there, It is going to depend.

You are probably going to have to set an outbound route through the gateway into the PBX, which then would allow a 2nd stage of dialing to get out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jdoe

Can you recommend a model?

Could I use an Adtran TSU 120 to connect to the server in place of a voip gateway?

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We dont support integration with other PBXs. However to connect 3CX to a T1 you need to use a supported gateway such as Patton 4960

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.