• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Help Can Not Receive Inbound Calls from Same Provider T1 Telus – Gateway Patton 4171

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzel

Reaction score
We are using 3CX as our IP PBX and for our sip truck, we are using a Patton 4171 gateway to our T1 line. The provider is Telus in Canada.

This issue we are having is we can receive inbound calls from different carriers, but we are not receiving inbound calls from our local carrier Telus, calls beep twice and disconnects the caller if they are on the same carrier as our T1 line.

With outbound calls, we can place calls to our local carrier and remote carriers.

For DIDs our Telus carrier uses 5 digits instead of the full 10 digits for the DIDs.

We checked are 3CX logs and don’t see any incoming calls from the local carrier, It seems to me inbound calls from the same provider/carrier are not even being sent to the 3CX PBX.

Attached you will find the inbound calls on the local carrier and remote ISDN signal logs and the Patton 4171 conf file.

1. Local carrier log from Patton 4171

2. Remote carrier log from Patton 4171

3. Patton 4171 conf file

Attachments

• patton_conf.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 6
  • inbound_remote.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 4
  • inbound_local.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 2
No need to post config files. If the calls aren't reaching 3CX then you need to talk to your carrier.

The 417x series gateways are Trinity based and unfortunately do not have 3CX provided templates in the PBX as standard. Can you confirm if this device is setup manually or via the Patton written and supported templates which you can get from Patton support ?

The log you sent also states "destination address is non-ISDN" and the device clears the call normally due to this it would seem.

happy to take a look at another log if you can do the following:

Enable debug logging with all of the below commands on the Patton:

enable
show running‐config
debug call‐router
debug call‐control
debug ccisdn signaling
debug context sip‐gateway signaling detail 5
debug context sip‐gateway transport detail 5
debug context sip‐gateway error

Note: some of these may differ slightly with Trinity (as some may refer to Smartware):
https://www.patton.com/support/kb_art.asp?art=446&

Make a test call (exhibiting the issue you are experiencing). Then input the command "no debug all" to stop the recording (this will also give a good indication in the logs as to where they finish).

Send a copy over (post but PM preferably) letting me know what the number dialled during the issue was (best not to post this number on a public string for security reasons).

Whilst you are at it you could also look at upgrading your firmware if required. There was a new release out for Trinity in December: https://www.patton.com/support/upgrades/index.asp?um=SmartNode 4990 however be sure that the firmware version matches with your template (if using one). If not using a template from Patton I would recommend you acquire one and re-try/re-post your issue.

Hello @fuzel

If the calls are not reaching the PBX then then next step is to check if the calls are reaching the Patton device. If they are then the Patton device is miss-configured and if not then you need to reach out to your provider and ask them what they see on their side.

At least in the fragment sent (and without knowing the number called) I can see a call from the provider hitting the gateway: "Acquired b-Channel 1". But more information is required (see my last post).

With all this information provided I would also raise this with Patton support as well, they are very good at supporting their products and normally offer a swift turn around on tickets raised.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
At least in the fragment sent (and without knowing the number called) I can see a call from the provider hitting the gateway: "Acquired b-Channel 1". But more information is required (see my last post).

With all this information provided I would also raise this with Patton support as well, they are very good at supporting their products and normally offer a swift turn around on tickets raised.

I sent you a PM with the confs

Patton support fixed the issue it was an problem with the latest firmware on the Patton 4171 gateway, we had to disable the "caller-name"

commands below:
  1. enable
  2. configure
  3. cs
  4. interface isdn
  5. show running-config "interface isdn
  6. caller-name ignore-absence 0

Reactions: eddv123
Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.