• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

HELP, can receive but cannot make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

almefab

Reaction score
Hi to everyone,

As a setup i have the 3cx Server, 2 phone adapters (Linksys PAP2-NA), and a gateway (Linksys SPA 3102).

So the problem is that we receive calls from outside the premises and we cannot make calls outside the premises, so basically we can receive but cannot make calls.

Internal calls work fine, for example calling from a softphone to an analogue phone that is connected to a phone adapter.

What should i post more?

By "outside the premises", I'm assuming that you mean PSTN lines that you are trying to call via the 3102 gateway?

Have you created a dialplan to route calls dialled on the extensions to the 3102 trunk? the 3CX has no way of knowing where you want calls to go, other than internal extension numbers, until you define a dialplan.

The manual, which you can download, can walk you through setting this up.

Is it possible to give me the link of the guide your saying as i found lots of guides online and none of them worked well :( Sorry for bothering

Hi
I have several Linksys SPA-3102's configured and working, I used the following link http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE with great success.

Is your 3102 registered?

if so have you got a firewall? Have you checked the firewall ports?

H.

the firewall is disabled for testing the system and for dialplan i was using (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.) but i cannot understand what it means. read the manual several times.

That dialplan is in the ATA part of the Linksys device. You can read up on it in the manual that came with or can be downloaded from Linksys. This dialplan...(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.) is set up to send certain dialed numbers to the 3CX without waiting for the standard timeout of about 5 seconds. That particular one looks like the default that comes standard. The S0 meads "ok, send all the digits now. the x is any digit, the | separates the different routings. |1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxxxxxS0| will send a normal 1+ area code+10 digits (standard North American number through to the 3CX. |[3469]11\ will send 311,411,611 and 911, normal short code used in NA. If you are trying to dial a number that this dialplan doesn't know what to do with then you'll end up with fast busy no matter if you have built an outgoing route in 3CX or not. depending on where in the world you live, your local dialplans, and how you want to dial numbers in the 3CX, you will have to modify this dialplan and set up outgoing routs in the 3CX.

You can choose to dial 9 before local calls or not.

If you lived in NA and wanted to dial 9 + 10 digits, then you would include |9[2-9]xxxxxxxxxxxxS0| or |9xxxxxxxxxxS0|, that would block 1+ (long distance calls) but the first one would only allow 9+ a number starting with 2 to 9. there are a lot of guides on the net to crafting Linksys dialplans, they are very flexible

With this setup we can make internal calls but when we try to dail an outside number we hear a fail tone.
The internet Modem has built in Firewall, The Firewall is disabled for internal use.
Please tell me what other information you need so i would answer it, also the internet dailplan is set to its normal state as i cannot understand how it works.

Thanks

Attachments

• Setup.JPG
    Setup.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,019
problem is fixed link check the forum in deep :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.