Help! Cannot Figure Voicemails for Ring Groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jake330, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jake330

First, thanks in advance for any help at all. I am a long time Incredible PBX user and am excited about give this a try! This question has probably been asked over and over, but I could not find anything specific to what I am trying to do...although I don't think it is overly complicated at all, I have gone down a rabbit hole and at this point cannot figure it out--any help is appreciated.

What I am trying to do:
    -All extension are set to a ring group--this is working
    -Set up office hours--seems to be working fine
    -Voice mail based on office hours is where I am struggling
    --created a virtual type of extension --general voicemail box for customer service
    --after hours, an "after hours" greeting is played an caller can leave voicemail
    --during normal business hours, if no one answers after 20 seconds, "busy" voicemail plays and caller can leave voicemail (in same box as "after hours" calls.)

I know this is probably fairly simple to set up, but I have played around for hours will forwarding rules and cannot seem to get it straight!

Thanks again!
    Jason W.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

In the ring group, if no answer you need to forwarded to the dummy voicemail extension with the required voicemail message "Destination if no answer" setting within the ring group

If you require two different vm messages (one for office hrs, one for out of office hrs) you need to create two dummy extensions.

#2 Saqqara, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  3. jake330

I get the first part and will set it up that way. However, if I have to set up the second dummy extension, do I set it up so the DND message is the after hours message then?

Do you have any suggestions on a better way to set it up? Like using the Virtual assistant or anything?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If i understand correctly you have set office hours that direct the call to a voicemail during out of office hours so that callers can leave a message. During office hours however calls are directed to a ring group where if no one answers you want the call to be diverted to the same voicemail box but with a different message?
    If that is the case then it will not work as you can only have one prompt per voicemail. You can however as @Saqqara suggested create a second dummy extension and direct the call there so you can use a different prompt.
    You can also utilise the ring group voicemail so that everybody in the ring group receive an email with the voicemail.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/group-voicemail/

5. jake330

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.