Help "cannot hear anything"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fdk, Feb 21, 2007.

1. fdk

fdk

Hi, I set up "3CX Phonesystem" and testing this softswith Now.
    I had add 2 extensions , add voip lines to connect my SIP softswitch useing a~z traffic router call all country's phone or mobile.
    my sip softswitch offer "voip external number" give "3CX Phonesystem" (i.e number 3004010)
    I want tesing PSTN Line to connect my 4FXO gateway. but i have a little problem.
    Now:
    Digital Receptionist (Enable)
    Extension user call Extension user(dial in/out OK)
    Extension user use voip Provider call all country's phone or mobile (dial out OK)
    Outside User that registered my SIP softswitch call 3004010 ("3CX Phonesystem voip external number") i hear Receptionist
    messages.and dial extension again. (dial in OK)
    Extension user through 4FXO Gateway call Pstn (dial out OK)
    Outside PSTN User dial in my 4FXO gateway, he can hear receptionist messages. and dail extension number. the Phone is ringing.
    i pick up and can't hear anything. (Dial in fail)
    later i am trying again.first,i setup PSTN Lines Route inbound calls out(In) of office hours . Forward my extension .
    jumped Digital Receptionist messages. Outside PSTN User dial in my 4FXO gateway, the extension Phone ringing. I pick up and
    hear very clear. (Dial in ok)
    I didn't know why i jumped Digital Receptionist messages call extension user is OK.
    my 4FXO gateway setup should be no problem. It's menual look like cisco 5400
    config terminal
    username en password gateway
    interface fastethernet 0
    ip address 10.11.0.221 255.255.255.0
    h323
    udpport 9000 9100
    !
    !
    sip-ua
    registrar 10.11.0.100 5060
    sip-username 8888
    sip-password 8888
    !
    ip default-gateway 10.11.0.1
    voice-port 0
    input analog 48
    output analog 42
    codec g711alaw 4
    mode relay
    answer-address 48
    hotline 8888
    ring number 0
    !
    voice-port 1
    input analog 48
    output analog 42
    codec g711alaw 4
    mode relay
    answer-address 48
    hotline 8888
    ring number 0
    !
    voice-port 2
    input analog 48
    output analog 42
    codec g711alaw 4
    mode relay
    answer-address 48
    hotline 8888
    ring number 0
    !
    voice-port 3
    input analog 48
    output analog 42
    codec g711alaw 4
    mode relay
    answer-address 48
    hotline 8888
    ring number 0
    !
    dial-peer voice 1 voip
    destination-pattern T
    session target 10.11.0.100 5060
    dtmf-relay rfc2833
    codec g711alaw 4
    !
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination-pattern T
    dtmf-relay rfc2833
    port 0
    !
    !
    # Log out by the system

I hope my notes help
    Tony

offer a~z traffic router support H323&SIP
    [/b]

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok question,

When you get called the phone rings, the caller can hear you but you cannot hear the caller?

Now when you call have a look at the status for you incomming line you will see (999)?

Try to change your RFC protocol to RFC2543 you do this on the phone on which you have no voice comming in some phone allow you to change that.

3. fdk

fdk

When Digital Receptionist (Enable)
    Outside PSTN User dial in through FXO GW.
    Caller can't hear called (extension user) and called(extension user) can't hear Caller too.

offer a~z traffic router support H323&SIP

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the bottom line you cannot have a conversation? (Talking on the phone is over rated anyway I think LOL).

Looks like the initiation is getting through but the SIP stuff is not. Is there anything showing up in your 3CX log?

Eg when you PSTN line does that go orange (denoting that a call is comming in?).

See to me it sounds like a Codec thingy an that might relate to a Firewall not allowing RTC traffic through. Ports 10000 to 20000 need to be open for RTC.

Just to confirm your VoIP out is working OK is it?

5. sopheap

Re: Help "Mobile phone cannot hear caller from 3cx phone"

Hello everybody,

I have some problem with 3cx phone system. I am trying to make call from 3cx phone to mobile phone and when mobile user pickup my phone they cannot hear me but I hear them clearly. Can anyone help me to solve the problem.

Thank in advance,

6. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi @sopheap,

You should open another thread with your problem and give us some more data in order to be able to help you.

7. sopheap

Hello Dan Hriscanu,

My 3cx phone system used version 10. And after completed for setup I tried to add PSTN gateway that use with Audiocode MP-114 2xFXO 2xFXS. Now my 3cx phone system work with that Audio code. Everything is ok, I can call to mobile phone and mobile phone can call back and pick up from 3cx but the problem is only 3cx phone can hear caller from mobile phone but mobile phone can not hear.

Big thanks before hand,

8. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

More details means, server activity log, configuration information, whireshark captures. There could be a lot of configuration issues for your problem. You have to be more specific. Try to look in Server activity log and see what is happening. Post them here if you find something relevant.