Help needed with call signaling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HurricaneFL, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneFL

May 10, 2010
    I am wondering if it's possible to change which SIP signaling method is used by 3CX Phone System. I've run into a problem where if I use a 3rd party soft phone, I have to adjust the DTMF signaling options to use the SIP-Info method, while if using the ATA, I have no issues calling internal extensions or external numbers. In the case of the soft phone, I can call within the PBX, but can't use touch-tone systems from an external number.

In the case of the ATA, I did look, and it indicates that the DTMF TX (this is a Linksys RTP-300 NA) is set to Auto, so that might explain why all my calls go through without a hitch. I've tried various soft phones (including 3CX Phone, which had no issues, but I don't use because of accessibility issues) and it seems that I don't have the same success that I have with the ATA. I've tried SJPhone, ExpressTalk, and a couple of no-name soft phones. I intend to try XLite, but I don't have high expectations. Basically, I want to know if there's a way to tell 3CX Phone System to use RFC 2833 DTMF signaling, or does anyone recommend a soft phone that will work with both the internal extensions and dialing out to POTS numbers outside of the couple I mentioned?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.