• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

help new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmorley990

Reaction score
Hi, i want to use the 3cx software,but i need a few things to get started. We have Panasonic phones and we never used IP before, so a few things

1. if i use the softphone that is available, do i need a service provider like call centric or something? or how do i set up to make and receive calls on my laptop or desktop

2. where on the software would i put my phone number, THE phone number given by the service provider and how do i get calls to get to the phone, i want to use call centric, it looks easy

can it be used with the 3CX softphone? and not a actual IP phone

ps. i be using this set up in my home office

Jordan M

Re: help new userq

jmorley990 said:
1. if i use the softphone that is available, do i need a service provider like call centric or something? or how do i set up to make and receive calls on my laptop or desktop

Do you mean to use just the 3CX softphone or set up a PBX with the 3CX PBX software? The Softphone will werk with most VoIp providers or with the 3CX PBX.

jmorley990 said:
2. if i wanted the CISCO SPA921 ip 1 LINE PHONE, what serviced provider would i need? also, i never used an IP phone so, io would need a lot of help to set things up

Like the softphone, it will work with most VoIP providers (check that they support customer provided equipment first, some companies , like Vonage, can be difficult) or the 3CX PBX. If you've done you own work on a computer (changed out a hard drive from scratch, that sort of thing), then you can probably figure it out with some help from various (this one included) forums. A VoIP provider may offer assistance with the settings as well.

jmorley990 said:
3. where on the software would i put my phone number, THE phone number given by the service provider and how do i get calls to get to the phone

Once you have been given the information from the provider and set up the softphone (read the guide) the phone will "register" with the provider letting it know where on the 'net you are and hence, where to send the calls.

HI,
well i want to use the PBX features. now i don't own a pbx,
how do i set up the PBX on the 3cx to work with the softphone and call centric, where do i get the PBX ip number?

like can i use the IP number of call centric or what do i need to do to set up the PBX features of the 3cx
http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/3cx-voip-phone.html what is the IP address for the pbx i would need to use to make and receive calls

Hello,
At a computer called server install 3CXPhoneSystem
configure this server to connect to callcentric

then instal the soft phone at an number of pcs

configure the server and this soft phones to connect together

the caller ip will apear when ring on the soft phone or any ip phone

i would be using this for a home user, i have xp and win7, and would it be possible to have it like PC to PC calling for around the house...with the computer softphone

if i signed up for call centric tonight what next steps would i need to take

You will want to download the doc pdf and go from there. you will be able to install it and setup the phones and test between the 2 phones.

question, will i need more than one number or can i get one number and just use extensions with each computer? like when i download the 3cx software, and the softphone on each, i have to create a extension for each but use CALL CENTRIC'S IP number, like whos ip address do i use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.