Help! Newbie! with millions of hrs reading about VOIP :-(

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DrunknMONK, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrunknMONK

Help! Newbie! with millions of hrs reading about VOIP :-(

Hello all, my very first post there will be more :) I have been having lots of problems with echo and feedback over voip and analog, changed so many things from adding a second broadband line with a Vigor2820Vn router (because of bottle neck), adding gigbyte switch, replacing all ethernet cables, new PC re installing 3CX, re setting all hardware, phones, adaptors, modem, routers, still have echo, then split the network in to 2 one for data and one for voip, still have echo, its worse on cordless phones, was informed that maybe something in my works is interfering with my phones, so read about dect phones, OMG, what have I started, need some string and tin cans !!!! phone line supplier said try walking around your building and switch off all electrical equipment one by one 14yrs later, still have echo, unplugged all phones and voip equipment, plugged in one phone (standard dect phone) in to the BT socket PERFECT, plugged in a linksys SPA 3102 and the dect phone (no ethernet connected) still have echo, this is with out any 3CX or any other equipment, did a factory reset on the 3102, still have echo, tried 2 different 3102's tried different lines and phones, so does this mean that the 3102's are causing the echo and if so, do I just need to add some different ones, if so please can you give me some alternatives.

system
    3CX PC (free version)
    2 analog lines with Linksys SPA 3102 attached (one of these lines has the broadband on it)
    Be broadband
    be modem in bridge mode connected with linksys router
    8 way 10/100 hub (tried a switch went worse)
    2 snoms
    2 Linksys SPA942 IP Phones
    no other equipment on this network
    all other equipment on a separate broadband network ( we had them together, but now split them to try and fix the problem)

Thanks for any input, I have now gone bold after pulling all my hair out :-(

Gary

2. pjr

pjr New Member

Have you tried using a SIP trunk for outbound calls rather than analog gateway to PSTN as a test?

That would at least rule out any network issues and allow you to focus on what I suspect will be the issue (the config of the SPA 3102).

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DrunknMONK

Hi Paul yes we have tried SIP Trunks there fine as long as we disconnect the SPA 3120's first

Gary

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 has a number of settings that can (and many times need) to be changed to accommodate the physical differences in phone lines around the world. A factory reset will set everything back to North American specs. A number of people have sites with the changes needed for the UK, if you do some searching. The first change should be to the FXS Port Impedance, set it to 370+620||310nF .

5. DrunknMONK

Hi thanks for the information, there are 2 version for this the one in
    Voice, PSTN Line, International Control is set to 370+620||310nF
    and the
    Voice, Regional, Miscellaneous is set to 600, this one can be changed to
    600+2.16uF
    900+2.16uF
    270+750||150nF
    220+820||120nF
    220+820||115nF
    200+600||100nF

are these correct !!

Gary

6. DrunknMONK

Fixed these problems, removed the SPA 3120's and replaced with a Patton 4112 FXO it now works perfect. :p

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.