Help please - sound problems

Discussion in 'Android' started by mckay9012, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mckay9012

Hi i’m using the latest version on HTC Wildfire. I love it except evertime sip registers, the volume is turned on to silent and no amount of playing around can bring the sound back. It only comes back when I install the sip client. I would really like to get this to work. Has anyone got any suggestion? I would really appreciate it.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Maybe you can try going to: Settings > Sound > Volume and Increase the Medial Volume.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mckay9012

Yes thanks for your advice, tried that but doesn't work. It was one of the first things I did.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you also try going to the Profile > YourExtensions > Integration > Proximity Sensor and disable it if its enabled.

Also when you exit and re-open the application does the sound not come back?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tehownt

HTC Desire on Android 2.1, same issue with the sound here.

When in call, switching to speaker/earpiece and playing with the volume sometimes (randomly) changes the overall ringer volume.
    If you change to headset it'll sometime lower the overall phone volume so that any following sounds are very low (even when the application isn't launched anymore)...
    Tried rebooting the device but it didn't help, the only fix was to relaunch the application and play with the speaker/earpiece button when in call.
    One strange thing is that when the phone starts it keeps on speaker when dialing but changes to earpiece afterwards as soon as the call is answered...
    Honestly, there's something fishy with the sound management in the software, it seems not to integrate with the general ringer volume but to change the in-call volume while affecting the ringer volume at the same time.
    Maybe changing the volume key binding in order to set the ringer volume when not in call and the in-call volume when in call would help ?

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can confirm that there is an issue we are planning to fix regarding the DialPad sounds coming out of the Loudspeaker and Headset randomly, but i cannot find an issue with sound going completely dead.

No matter what happens, there's sound either from the loudspeaker or the Headset.

7. marcco10polo

i'am not sure if this will help but go to audio settings and put play buffer and record buffer to -1 and mic gain to 1 this help my problem. good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.