HELP PLS->3CX WITH SPA3102 :CAN'T MAKE AN OUTGOING PSTN C

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GRUN, Nov 16, 2007.

1. GRUN

Hi everyone,

Im currently in the testing stage. I have an SPA3102 connected to the 3CX server via lan. The LAN has a separate internet router with dhcp enabled. The SPA3102 & 3CX server has a configured static IP, my incoming calls from pstn works well with the digital receptionists & the locals everythings working fine, except for a slight problem, i can't seem to make outside pstn calls through my gateway from any phone (local 100-104). I have already configured my outside rules:

rule name: trunkline-9912206
    apply to extension: 100-104
    number prefix: *
    transform mask: r
    make calls on pstn gateway:"trunkline"
    (make outbound calls on voip gateway: trunkline)
    my line status: pstn is green

i lift the phone dial *9927020 where; 9927020 is a local telco subscriber number, all i get is a busy tone. :(

help pls :lol:

Grun

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Without more info such as the type of extension - softphone, IP phone, Analog adapter - used I can only make a semi-educated guess. Some extension devices interpret an "*" as an instruction meant for the actual device and this entry is not sent to 3CX. I would suggest trying an actual numerical prefix (maybe 1?) just to test. Also, if you use a PAP2 or such (like I do) the dial plan may require editing to forward the proper information to 3CX. Your Server logs should give a good indication of the information received and forwarded to the SPA3102.

3. CostasH

I need help too, please

Hi, I have the same problem. I use "0" instead of "*" but I can´t get (PSTN) outside tone. The firmware of my SPA-3102 is ver. 3.3.6(GW), I know there is a new one (5.1.7GW) but I don´t know if this one fix the problem.

Thanks,

Hernan

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

CostasH:
    First of all use the newer upgrade, usually brings less problems when configuring a device like this.

Now, if you followed the manual that you have on 3cx page to configure your SPA3102 then you should have everything working. Using 0 for me gave me some problems dialing out, dont really know why, but changed and it worked.... Anywas, make sure you have diferent ports(on Line1 and PSTN Line), use 5060 and 5061 for example.

Cheers

5. pearsondan99

I am having the same issue (outbound pstn routing) with the same hardware (Linksys spa3102) this can't be a conisidence theres got to be a common thread here, I ve got through the setup instructions for the spa3102 in the support section three times, I ve even setup a syslog server to see whats happening, apart from the odd sporadic SIP message no activity when trying to dial out (I m using the prefix 9 to get out)

I m not sure though if the problem isnt the 3cx server, the PSTN device is showing green in line status (idle) though looking at the server log it doesnt seem to be routing to it and is coming up with error 404 whatever that means.

I have confirmed the outbound rule is setup ok so have now reached the point of launching the whole thing! :x anyones thoughts would be appriciated!

Thx

Dan

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

With only this info, i cannot say much, except what i said before, PSTN and Line 1 need to be on diferent ports and also you'll have to use WAN port and not Ethernet Port...

Cheers

7. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Before you do launch it (send it my way) you could take a look at screen prints of my SPA3102 setup both in the device and 3CX, and compare to yours. Depending on geographical location there should be differences specific to the land line ring values and such, but all else should be the same.

http://www.ezvoip.ca/ezshare/SPA3102 Voice PSTN Line Configuration.pdf
    http://www.ezvoip.ca/ezshare/SPA3102 Voice Line 1 Configuration.pdf
    http://www.ezvoip.ca/ezshare/3CX - PSTN Line Configuration Part 1.pdf
    http://www.ezvoip.ca/ezshare/3CX - PSTN Line Configuration Part 2.pdf

Hope this helps :wink:

8. Arnaud

Hi Mirzab, I had the same problem, but with the help of your screenshots all is working now. Thanks !!
    I only received my new 3102 today, and am glad it is all working fine now thanks to the help I found here in the forum.

Next step will be to get my Auerswald VOIP Gateway setup on my ISDN line.

9. CostasH

I can´t make outbound Calls through PBX

Hi again, I have tried everithing I found but it still not working.

I probed with PDF of Mirzab but it didn´t work.

I have upload every captured screen of 3CX and Linksys SPA-3102 configuration for somebody who can help me.

http://www.rentnotebook.com.ar/3cx/3cx-spa3102eng.html

Thanks for your help !!!

10. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Its odd. If you connect a phone directly to extension 203 can you make a call without having to dial a prefix first or anything? If so i dont see anything wrong on your configuration in a first glance.....

Cheers

11. CostasH

miraportuga

Hi Miraportuga, if I connect a phone directly to extension 203 I have tone form Panasonic TD1232 PBX, and I should dial 9 to get outside line.
    I also have connected the RJ11 jack (Line) directly to outside line, but it´s the same thing, I can´t get outside tone from PSTN.

I have read over and over all the settings and I don´t find nothing

Thanks to anybody for any help that can give me.