HELP - Registering 3CX softphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reisve, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reisve

Hi I'm running 3CX-11 and now when I start the 3CX soft phone, or any other one, They don't register. They were working before, and nothing was done on the phone system.

I wouldn't like to re-install the PABX.

Does any one ave any Idea how to solve this without re-installing the system?

Thank You

Virginio Reis

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If, and I assuming that it is, all on a local network, then the first thing to do is check the 3CX log to see if it is even seeing the 3CX phone attempting to register. If it is, then there should be a reason why it is being rejected. If there is no log, then, the 3CX phone is not registering to the correct IP/port, or, there is some sort of firewall on the PC running the PBX. Given that it appears to be a problem with more than one device, it more or less points to something on the PC running the PBX. I'm going to assume that you have not made any changes to the hardware on the network?

Are you able to Ping, the 3CX PC from the PC running the 3Cx phone?

There is also a Diag function on the 3CX phone (Windows version) that might give you some clues as to what it is experiencing when attempting to register.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.