HELP!! Sangoma PRI outgoing calls issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by histech, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. histech

Hi,

I have installed a sangoma A101 PRI on a windows 2003 x32 server, everything went smooth, followed the 3cx Netborder tutorial all the way to the end BUT still no outgoing calls, whenever i try to call a number i get the following:

Code:
    12:28:37.608  [CM503020]: Normal call termination. Reason: Server Failure
    12:28:37.608  [CM503016]: Call(13): Attempt to reach <sip:07525746078@192.168.1.3;user=phone> failed. Reason: Server Failure
    12:28:37.608  [CM503003]: Call(13): Call to sip:07525746078@192.168.1.3:5066 has failed; Cause: 503 Service Unavailable; from IP:127.0.0.1:5066
    12:28:37.467  [CM503025]: Call(13): Calling Unknown:07525746078@(Ln.10000@ISDN30)@[Dev:sip:10000@192.168.1.3:5066]
    12:28:37.420  [CM503004]: Call(13): Route 1: Unknown:07525746078@(Ln.10000@ISDN30)@[Dev:sip:10000@192.168.1.3:5066]
    12:28:37.420  [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:07525746078@192.168.1.3;user=phone>
    12:28:37.405  [CM505001]: Ext.299: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: Polycom;Mod: SoundPoint IP Series;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, unable-no-sdp, no-recvonly] UserAgent: [PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_331-UA/3.1.3.0507] PBX contact: [sip:299@192.168.1.3:5060]
    I spent 3 days troubleshooting n reading with no success... please helppp

2. histech

Oh btw,

I have installed the trial version of the Netborder, and i do have the latest firmware installed v37. Once the trial works i'll get the full version but no point wasting money if it won't ..

3. histech

After a days of tracing n testing, i did the following.. I removed 3CX, and installed Trixbox to test the hardware and ISDN, and i had the same problem, and since Trixbox has way much better community support forum, i found that adding pridialplan=unknow to the zaptel.conf fixes the problem. I tried to find the equivalent in 3CX and support send me 4 lines

<param name="pstn.out.phoneNumber.type" expr="1"/>
    <param name="pstn.out.phoneNumber.numberingPlan" expr="1"/>
    <param name="pstn.out.ani.type" expr="1"/>
    <param name="pstn.out.ani.numberingPlan" expr="1"/>

and asked me to change the values to 0 which corrosponds to Unknown .. but now luck..
    Please help..

4. american

Your logs indicate that the Sangoma card is preventing outgoing calls. I ran into a similar situation using the "routing-rules.xml" provided by 3CX's "Generate Config" option in the server. The 3CX generated config forces the Sangoma to only accept calls where the CallerID Name is in digit format only. You should see a line in your 3CX generated "routing-rules.xml" that looks like:

Code:
    <condition param="sip.in.from.displayName" expr="([0-9]+)"/>

The correct syntax is:

Code:
    <condition param="sip.in.from.displayName" expr="(.*)"/>

This change will address your 503 Service Unavailable error. However, a new error should appear where the Sangoma reports a 404 Not Found error. Further investigation will show that 3CX is sending "Call ID Name" for the ANI instead of "Call ID Number." The correct procedure is to send NUMBER. The 3CX generated routing-rules.xml file is missing a 3rd parameter to obtain the Call ID Number. You will see the following code in the 3CX generated routing-rules.xml:

Code:
    <condition param="sip.in.requestUri.canonical" expr="sip:([0-9]+)@GW_HOST_IP:GW_SIP_PORT"/>

The proper syntax is:

Code:
    <condition param="sip.in.requestUri.canonical" expr="sip:([\+]?[-\*\#\d]+)@"/>
    <condition param="sip.in.from.uri.canonical" expr="sip:([\+]?[-\*\#\d]+)@"/>

Additionally, you will need to change:

Code:
    <param name="pstn.out.ani" expr="%1"/>

to:

Code:
    <param name="pstn.out.ani" expr="%2"/>

A verbose output of the Sangoma logs should confirm the above statements. To turn on verbose logging of the Sangoma card you'll need to refer to http://wiki.sangoma.com/nbe-faq#enable_devel_mode.

The cleanest way of implementing the aforementioned changes is to follow the 3CX Sangom Wiki (http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/sangoma.html) to step 7 of Part 2. After replacing the "routing rules.xml" (as suggested in step 7) you will need to edit the file and replace the following code:

Code:
    <!-- PSTN OUT -->
      <rule name="default_pstn_out" outbound_interface="pstn" qvalue="0.001">
        <condition param="transfer" expr="false"/>
        <condition param="sip.in.requestUri.canonical" expr="sip:([0-9]+)@GW_HOST_IP:GW_SIP_PORT"/>
        <out_leg name="" media_type="sendrecv">
          <param name="pstn.out.phoneNumber" expr="%0"/> 
          <param name="pstn.out.deviceGroup" expr="default"/>
          <param name="pstn.out.cpa.enable" expr="false"/>
          <param name="pstn.out.ani" expr="%1"/>
        </out_leg>
      </rule>

with:
    Code:
    <!-- PSTN OUT -->
      <rule name="default_pstn_out" outbound_interface="pstn" qvalue="0.001">
        <condition param="transfer" expr="false"/>
        <condition param="sip.in.requestUri.canonical" expr="sip:([\+]?[-\*\#\d]+)@"/>
        <condition param="sip.in.from.uri.canonical" expr="sip:([\+]?[-\*\#\d]+)@"/>
        <out_leg name="" media_type="sendrecv">
          <param name="pstn.out.channelGroup" expr="default"/>
          <param name="pstn.out.phoneNumber" expr="%0"/> 
          <param name="pstn.out.phoneNumber.type" expr="0"/> 
          <param name="pstn.out.phoneNumber.numberingPlan" expr="1"/> 
          <param name="pstn.out.callerName" expr="%1"/>
          <param name="pstn.out.ani" expr="%2"/>
          <param name="pstn.out.ani.type" expr="0"/> 
          <param name="pstn.out.ani.numberingPlan" expr="1"/>
        </out_leg>
      </rule>

Hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I also suggest contacting Sangoma support as this really appears to be a Sangoma problem and they are in a better position to troubleshoot this as its their driver/card.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. histech

Thanks everyone for all the support,
    Basically after trying everything, i still kept getting the 503 error.. after deeper investigation i found that it was just a simple configuration issue with the Channel order, the default sangoma Netborder driver chooses the order of (30-1) while BT channel order starts (1-30).. by just changing it and using the default configuration listed on 3CX website it worked perfectly with Caller ID, and everything else..
    Hope this will help BT 3CX users not to waste as much time i wasted to figure this out. :)

7. histech

Update
    with the default settings for sangoma generated by 3CX, i had to remove the leading zero before dialing any external number, but with the settings you provided above, it works without stripping any digits out. The online problem i have now is that the caller ID doesn't contain the leading zero for both local and international calls and of course it causes issues when i want to redial.
    One last note, i noticed that removing the CallerName lines would prevent errors that might rise on the sangoma card if your are in a region that doesn't support CallerName display like BT (UK)

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If "caller name" contains "," then it should be "quoted" in case if it is used as "display name" part of from:/to: SIP headers. Some devices doesn't do it and SIP headers becomes malformed.

9. histech

BT Doesn't support Caller's Name feature.. so i don't get any..
    The only issue is the missing leading zero.. any ideas?

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

the "prefix" is not mandatory in the 3CX PBX outbound rule configuration.
    It is possible to avoid prefixes completelly. The concrete solution depends on the requirements of concrete environment.

11. histech

I don't get it ..
    If i try to dial any number without the prefix (00-international calls) or (0-local/cellular) it simple fails..

12. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You dial the number. PBX receives this number and search for outbound rule.
    Outbound rule modifies number as specified in its own configration and then send it to specified device/provider

13. histech

I got it,

but what if i want to properly display it to users on the handset.. can i alter the caller id after it being recieved from the sangoma card before it is displayed to users?

Thanks

14. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It depends on the definition of the "properly".

15. histech

The other thing with doing that is some international numbers lengh is exactly like local one, and starts with the same digits so it will be impossible to adjust the rule to prepend 0 or 00!
    I think the Provider BT should be able to send the call prefix type to the sangoma card .. but i don't know how to do it, that would solve the whole thing.

16. histech

and example of how i get my callers id on my polycom phones

I really don't need to see the number twice, that is first.. the important bit is that number should be displayed as 075xxxxxxxxxx and an example for international calls
    it displays
    From: 203xxxxxxx < 203xxxxxxx > and it should display 00203xxxxxxx
    as you can see above, that international number starts with 20 and London landline numbers start with 20 as well, and they have the exact length.. so there is no way i can differenciate while doing a redial and decide to add 0 or 00

I hope i explained it better this time.

Thanks

17. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If the problem is like you have specified in these two posts then it means that you don't have any "Caller ID" service provided by BT.
    It is the answer which is based only on the information you provided. Personally, I don't think that BT can create such kind of the mess in Caller ID service.

Thanks

18. histech

I do get caller id, just missing the prefixes (0 and 00)..

Am i sure it is sangoma configuration, as the BCM50 that was installed worked with no problems...

it would be great if anyone can post his sangoma A101 configuration with BT that does with with the caller id prefix.

19. Shyam

Hi,
    I am also facing this problem. After doing all the changes as mentioned above, still not able make call.
    And where can I find this "sangoma Netborder driver order of (30-1)".

Thanks in Advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.